Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stew-Coach
    replied
    Well the championships have now been amended to heats, Semi and final (Fri, Sat and Sun) with a late ish semi on sat and early final on sunday so i dont foresee any "qualifying times" being ran at the champs and may suck out the pace.

Nicole is looking great really impressed

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the update on Ms. Anning. Perhaps this poor race will be a blesing in the longer term... As I have said, the w400 is going to be an exciting race ar trials.

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    carterhatch Well on Amber Anning last night/this morning, she had just about her worst run of the outdoor campaign so far. Drawn in lane 9, it was always likely to be a difficult task but she took it out way too fast in the opening 200m and faded badly in the last 120m, ending up in 5th place in a time of 52.36. Whether that was fatigue or what, it was poor run and I'm sure she'd tell you that herself. At least she'll have special dispensation, along with other British athletes who competed there to not have to be at the English Athletics U20/U23 championships on the 19th/20th June, but will the added rest until the British Athletics Championships a week later be enough to recover if she is tired?

Well done to Nicole Yeargin though, 50.96 is the fastest time run by a Scottish 400m runner since Lee McConnell was still competing! Could she go even quicker in the final itself? She'll be guaranteed a good lane, likely right next to Athing Mu, so we'll see how that goes over the weekend!

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    I wonder if both her and Amber Anning will have enough steam left for trials and, indeed Tokyo, with such a full-on NCAA season? I still think Jodie Williams and Laviai Neilsen will be running the individual events at the Olympics, but the third berth is wide open our own Stew-coach might have something to say, with his charge Yasmin Liverpool, and two stalwarts in Zoey Clark and Emily Diamond will both be in the reckoning for the relays at the very least, and Ami Pipi has been long overdue a rewrite of her PB ... just to make the final at trials will need, what, mid 51?

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    She's a really improving talent. I think I was the first person to mention her on this forum

• carterhatch
    replied
    I am surprised those of you following NCAA haven't mentioned this but Ian Hodge is reporting that Nicky Yeargin 'clocks a 400m PB -in cool weather- of 50.96 to be the fastest qualifier for the final-- third fastest ever by a Scot.'

Wow - I certainly didnt predict that at the beggining of the season. Add the w400m to the list of very exciting races at trials.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    It is the fact that she *always* raises her game in Champs (200m SBs 2015-2019 are in World Champs final, Olympic final, World Champs final, European Champs final, World Champs final) that makes me confident.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    She's always been such a good championship performer that it is very exciting when she runs a quick time in a non-champs race.

• Christy93
    commented on 's reply
    @MysteryBrick

There are more than a few wildcards; Gabi Thomas & Sha'Carri Richardson (ugh) look to be big unknows, and who knows where the Mboma & Maslingi story ends up. Agree though, I see gold or silver more likely than no medal at all.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Off the podium?! With no injury it is gold or silver, can only see Miller-Uibo beating her.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Third best time ever for Dina, behind 2018 Euros and 2019 Worlds finals. I think she can run 21.6-21.7 in Tokyo.

• Christy93
    replied
    Dina looked sublime there - Can't see her off the 200 podium in Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    DAS in scinitillating form.

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    replied
    Huge PB for Josh Lay according to Ian Hodge (what a great source) on Twitter - 1.45.99 in the 800, tenth Brit under 1.46 this season. Always struck me as a natural 1500 runner - outside chance of making the OLY team if he can get into a fast race soonish - Down to run a 1500 at Watford BMC this weekend.

I have to say, it'll be an almightly failure if we send the likes of Wightman, Kerr, Rowden, Giles, Reekie and Muir and come away empty handed from middle distance events in Tokyo. So much talent.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    commented on 's reply
    Baby steps, baby steps.
Working...
X