UK Outdoor Results - June 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
    Also earlier in Geneva, Chris McAllister ran poorly in the "A" race of the 400m hurdles, coming last in 50.44

Efe Okoro in the B race came 4th in a season's best of 50.36.
    Then in the 400m flat C race, Efe Okoro wins in a new PB of 46.35, taking a tenth of a second from his previous best. An impressive feat considering it came less than an hour after running the one lap hurdles!

Comment

• Originally posted by felix51 View Post
      13.22 for Holly Mills in 100mh at Arona Multi Events. Coverage is Meh! but there's no VPN needed so small mercies :-)
      Edit: Better coverage now - the camera is now sideways instead of head on at the LJ pit!
      not watching it .... but had anticipated an update after high jump from someone... not sure, but it looks like Holly Mills jumped a PB 1.85

https://rfealive.com/results/20210610_1726:37:34:6:1?

Comment

• Originally posted by carterhatch View Post

not watching it .... but had anticipated an update after high jump from someone... not sure, but it looks like Holly Mills jumped a PB 1.85

https://rfealive.com/results/20210610_1726:37:34:6:1?
        Looks like Holly did it the hard way too, with 3rd attempt clearances at 1.79 and 1.82, before getting her new PB on the 2nd attempt. So going into the shot put, Mills is ahead after two events, following her solid 13.22 in the hurdles.

Comment

• 1.46.79 and the win for Ben Pattison in Watford after a relatively slow first 400. Extremely impressive, beat Langford by half the track with a sizzling final 100. Britain have some young dynamo kickers in Pattison & Dustin.

Comment

• Stunning finish from Oliver Dustin over in Nice to run 1.43 something and beat Eliott Giles.
            Last edited by Occasional Hope; 12-06-21, 19:18.

Comment

• Oh my word, 1:43.82 for Dustin!

The others went out too fast - about 50s - but he came storming through from way back off the final bend.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                Oh my word, 1:43.82 for Dustin!

The others went out too fast - about 50s - but he came storming through from way back off the final bend.
                Good lord. I called him back in 2019, but I thought he'd be a slow race kicker... Reminds me of Borzakovskiy, lovely stride, absolute blistering kick, and an ever improving racing brain. What a generation we've unearthed - With Burgin, Giles, Rowden, Dustin, we could genuinely have four 1.43s this year...

Comment

• jjimbojames
                  jjimbojames commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I suspect Giles is just in need of more racing. He and Webb have dropped chunks off but are behind the others in terms of outdoor campaigns. That doesn’t mean much for Trials, such is the depth - both or neither could make the team, but I suspect at least one does

• Occasional Hope
                  Occasional Hope commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He's only entered in the 800 at trials.

• RunUnlimited
                  RunUnlimited commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've just watched the race now.... Oliver Dustin is proving that his gold medal at the European U20's in 2019 was no fluke and was fully deserved, even thouh he was brought in as a replacement for the injured Max Burgin. He had that amazing finish in that British 1-2-3 between him, Pattison and McLear, and he he showed it again, but this time in a fastly paced race... and he *destroyed* the field in that last 200 meters or so! Incredible stuff!

About Giles. It must be remembered that this is only his 2nd 800m outdoors this season and he's set substantial PBs over 1500m in that time. I do wonder if he had an injury niggle in the time between his indoor and outdoor season, which might explain why he didn't compete in the Euro Indoors in Torun and his late-ish start to the outdoors. He'll be fine I think... but the British Athletics Championships are going to be an absolute ****show.... and I'm here for it!

• Originally posted by Christy93 View Post

Good lord. I called him back in 2019, but I thought he'd be a slow race kicker... Reminds me of Borzakovskiy, lovely stride, absolute blistering kick, and an ever improving racing brain. What a generation we've unearthed - With Burgin, Giles, Rowden, Dustin, we could genuinely have four 1.43s this year...
                What a massive achievement. What time for Giles?

Comment

• Originally posted by philipo View Post

What a massive achievement. What time for Giles?
                  1:45.05 for Giles.

Comment

• Best of 13.26 in SP for Holly Mills. No tv coverage, as its exclusively broadcasting the simultaneous men's HJ, but at least the live results are working now.

Comment

• 4.06.28 pb for Revee Walcott-Nolan.

Comment

• Superb run from Dustin. With the quality we’ve got in the men’s 800 I hadn’t considered he’d be in the reckoning for the top 3 at trials, that’s changed very suddenly. Unbelievable to think who won’t make the team this year. Giles? Rowden? Burgin? Webb?

Comment

• Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
                          Superb run from Dustin. With the quality we’ve got in the men’s 800 I hadn’t considered he’d be in the reckoning for the top 3 at trials, that’s changed very suddenly. Unbelievable to think who won’t make the team this year. Giles? Rowden? Burgin? Webb?
                          At the moment the guy in that line up you mentioned who looks in the most danger is Webb. He hasn't looked great so far in the outdoor season, though like Giles who also only started running competitively again outdoors just a couple of weeks ago, he is likely just race-rusty right now and could be ready and fully firing by the Trials in a fortnight's time. Another who could be under threat is Burgin, who hasn't run since that European U20 record run in Ostrava in May because of a "slight" injury niggle. Hopefully it is just a minor issue that will be ok come the Trials, but there is every chance he could come into them not fully fit.

However, this is a tremendously exciting time for men's and women's middle distance running in this country, and the British Championships 800m/1500m races will be some spectacle to witness.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                            Occasional Hope commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I feel Burgin isn't really tested running rounds.

• A result not mentioned here from the AthleticaGeneve meeting was Kristal Awauh setting a decent SB of 11.39 (+0.2 m/s) in the B 100m race. Get's the Euro U23 qualifying standard.

Comment

• A solid day from Holly Mills. A great PB in the HJ, but overall slightly down on her best first day (set in April). There is plenty of scope for progress though - just needs a decent JT tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                            X