Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateshead Diamond League

Start Lists here - https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...t#resultheader

Weather is going to be a dampener. Cold, wet and breezy.

Some very strong events in the circumstances and some not so strong, as you would expect.

Highlight Women's 100m? Four of the top seven so far this year, all under 11 sec. including 'sensation' Richardson.
    Plus SAFP, DAS and Ta Lou. Only Elaine Tompson missing really.

Mahuchikh v Lasitskene. Will that be a thing at the Olympics? I hope so.

It's the BBC. Don't expect to see any field events, except the odd 1,2,3 and pole vaulters waiting at the end of their run-ups.

Laps , is there something going on with your account? There's no "Comment" link on your post and your number of posts since joining is apparently just 1 !

Re the broadcast ... since it's just 2 hours like the DL's world feed, I'm hoping it'll be just that, the world feed with no studio chit-chat. I might be wrong though.

Comment

• Laps
      Laps commented
      Editing a comment
      Well spotted Lucky. After his colleague left for World Athletics Jason Henderson was trying to keep the forum clear of spam and managed to cancel me along with the spam. All my threads and posts were deleted. The forum told me I had been expelled. I thought I must have done something awful. Anyway Jason retrieved my membership but not any posts. I did not start that many threads, at least not in the last year, but I think everybody's posts on those threads disappeared with mine.

So if you go, for instance, to your European Indoors competition thread I apparently won the compo without submitting any predictions.

Not nice being cancelled.

• LuckySpikes
      LuckySpikes
      LuckySpikes commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, that's not good!

A year or two ago about 3 months worth of my posts got deleted and were also unretrievable.

It's just the World Feed. I notice from my TV Planner that Doha is also scheduled for BBC2 on Friday from 5PM for 2 hours only so also seems like just the World feed.

Comment

11.53 for Richardson to win the first heat, into a -4.2. This is definitely the athletics equivalent of a Tuesday night in Stoke...

Comment

And it is the World Feed with Tim & Steve,

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryBrick View Post
          11.53 for Richardson to win the first heat, into a -4.2. This is definitely the athletics equivalent of a Tuesday night in Stoke...
          Ooof, just started watching the BBC2 coverage of the two heats and these are some of te worst weather conditions I've *ever* seen in an international level meeting. Constant -4 m/s winds on the home straight and barely 10 Celcius in temperature.... Not nice.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
            MysteryBrick
            MysteryBrick commented
            Editing a comment
            Marks here are irrelevant, it is all about position and character - for example, I was impressed by Hannah Williams, 53.35 to take 5th, beat a couple of good athletes and not too far off a bunch of 51.0 women.

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Ooof, just started watching the BBC2 coverage of the two heats and these are some of te worst weather conditions I've *ever* seen in an international level meeting. Constant -4 m/s winds on the home straight and barely 10 Celcius in temperature.... Not nice.
          There was a meet at Meadowbank. Edinburgh in the early 90s.....

Comment

Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post

There was a meet at Meadowbank. Edinburgh in the early 90s.....
            Isn't that the meet where Micheal Johnson, in driving rain and almost Artic temps, rain either sub-20 seconds or very close to it?

Comment

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Isn't that the meet where Micheal Johnson, in driving rain and almost Artic temps, rain either sub-20 seconds or very close to it?
              The very one.

Comment

Congrats to Emilie Borthwick, getting an outdoor PB of 1.91m in the high jump, especially impressive in these terrible conditions.

And what a scalp there for Borthwick! Olympic and multiple World Champion Lasitskene, is out at 1.91m! Just couldn't get a handle on these Gateshead conditions.

(BTW, the weather forecasts for Britain in the next couple of weeks look much better than what we've seen since April, so hopefully athletes both here and the rest of Europe will get more favourable conditions for achieving Olympic and age group qualifying marks.)

Comment

Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post

The very one.
                  Thought so!

Comment

18.36m from Sophie McKinna for 4th place in the Shot Put. Not a bad result at all.

Dongmo of Portugal, Euro Indoor Champion, currently leads with 19.08m

Comment

Hmm... Nah, I don't like this new format for the jumps and shot put. Not at all.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                      MysteryBrick
                      MysteryBrick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not one bit. Seems mad that you could have the five best marks of the comp in the first five rounds, foul round 6 and come 3rd...

Speaking of weather conditions across Europe, next weekend's ETC isn't looking too great in that regard either. Although it'll be considerably warmer than Gateshead with temps between 17C-18C, its looking blustery and with some persistant rain too.

Comment

3:36 and bits in *these* conditions? Very impressive from Ingebrigtsen.

Comment

Working...
                      X