Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Athletics Championships Manchester Regional Arena  25th – 27th June

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    That's the media for you.why not 24 hours aday football?they are not just a bit corrupt ,as we know ,but idiots at the Beeb. Self important like that twerp we will see this evening... you k how the leftie millionaire presenter😟

    Comment


    • MysteryBrick
      MysteryBrick commented
      Editing a comment
      What I love about you, Philipo, is you really hold back...

  • #47
    Max Burgin out with a hamstring injury. Worrying pattern, a very quick early season time followed by injury.

    Comment


    • MysteryBrick
      MysteryBrick commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeesh, I hoped they had resolved that. Basically solidifies the top 3 over 800m as Dustin, Rowden, Giles in some order (in my view).

    • Occasional Hope
      Occasional Hope commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if his training is causing this.

    • Occasional Hope
      Occasional Hope commented
      Editing a comment
      Jamie Webb definitely in the mix too - he just beat Giles in Poland. Could still be a headache for the selectors depending on who finishes out of the top two.

  • #48
    Mystery, who can bear to continue to love athletics with the cheats, lawyers,shoes, ridiculous shoes,and wave light crap??. Perhaps I will become a fan of the sport of conkers!!

    Comment


    • #49
      Originally posted by philipo View Post
      That's the media for you.why not 24 hours aday football?they are not just a bit corrupt ,as we know ,but idiots at the Beeb. Self important like that twerp we will see this evening... you k how the leftie millionaire presenter😟
      Not sure I see a single mention of athletics here...

      Comment


      • #50
        Originally posted by philipo View Post
        Mystery, who can bear to continue to love athletics with the cheats, lawyers,shoes, ridiculous shoes,and wave light crap??. Perhaps I will become a fan of the sport of conkers!!
        https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...ckdown-poulton

        Some tips - low temperature baking, vinegar + bake, clear nail varnish, hollow and fill with glue (or concrete)........

        You're welcome.

        Comment


        • #51
          Originally posted by Laps View Post

          https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...ckdown-poulton

          Some tips - low temperature baking, vinegar + bake, clear nail varnish, hollow and fill with glue (or concrete)........

          You're welcome.
          not how we played it; maybe a bit of vinegar

          Comment


          • #52
            i have a feeling that the most pleasurable performances next week end will turn out to be what has not been expected nearly as much as the 800/1500m copious posts; probably be a little boring with last 150/200m rush;

            Comment


            • #53
              Mind you nothing i hope that we get in the Trials can be as challenging to endure as watching the vastly over rated National football team passing the ball anywher but forward in a vain attempt to put it in the net.

              Comment


              • LuckySpikes
                LuckySpikes commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, pretty woeful so far. I'm not sure it's going to get much better either.

              • MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                ...but enough about the Men's 4x4

            • #54
              Originally posted by philipo View Post
              Mind you nothing i hope that we get in the Trials can be as challenging to endure as watching the vastly over rated National football team passing the ball anywher but forward in a vain attempt to put it in the net.
              That was a painful match to watch yeah.... Oi Gareth! Sort it out mate!

              Comment


              • #55
                Neil Gourley out of the trials with injury. Not a surprise given how little he's raced this season.

                Comment


                • #56
                  Originally posted by Ladyloz View Post
                  Neil Gourley out of the trials with injury. Not a surprise given how little he's raced this season.
                  Ok, that makes things just a little bit clearer for the runners in the 1500m.... Perhaps Grice's chances have increased just a tad here.

                  Comment


                  • #57
                    Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

                    That was a painful match to watch yeah.... Oi Gareth! Sort it out mate!
                    Especially when one considers they are millionaires by income . Do we all think they are worth their millions. ??.

                    Comment


                    • Laps
                      Laps commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No but there are thousands of sports people paid extravagant sums. Supply and demand. Anyway I wouldn’t blame the players for the painful snorefest against Scotland. That’s down to Southgate’s ultra cautious approach to qualification.

                      Come on England !!!

                  • #58
                    British Athletics confirmed on Twitter that trials are only available to watch through the BA website. No BBC coverage on red button or even iPlayer is shocking considering it’s an Olympic trial.

                    Doesn’t even need to be a full presentation team (in truth, not having GL, DL and CJ nattering away and not showing live athletics is no loss), just have the commentary team giving us a live feed in a more accessible format than the website. Haven’t there been multiple issues with the website streaming before?

                    Comment


                    • #59
                      Originally posted by burnley183 View Post
                      British Athletics confirmed on Twitter that trials are only available to watch through the BA website. No BBC coverage on red button or even iPlayer is shocking considering it’s an Olympic trial.

                      Doesn’t even need to be a full presentation team (in truth, not having GL, DL and CJ nattering away and not showing live athletics is no loss), just have the commentary team giving us a live feed in a more accessible format than the website. Haven’t there been multiple issues with the website streaming before?
                      It's actually on YouTube (I have the links already). BA will just embed the YouTube streams on their page.

                      I agree, it's very poor that it won't be on TV in an Olympic year. All the other major European athletics nations are televising their championships (maybe France excepted?), at least in part with the rest to be provided by streaming.

                      Comment


                      • #60
                        Just seen that Miguel Francis has pulled out of the M200. We just can't have the stars align can we? The amount of talented sprinters we have and not much to look forward to in Tokyo.. disappointing.

                        Comment


                        • carterhatch
                          carterhatch commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I said elsewhere that I would be shocked if the 'relay funded' trio of Francis, Talbot and Kilty, for different reasons, made it to Tokyo, I guess the promise of his rarely run, fast times, just proved too inviting to the powers-to-be, frankly I would move on and if he ever finds some form and fintess, he might follow the path of some of the kenyans and run for Kazakstan...
                      Working...
                      X