Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    There's a lot of big names in action tomorrow & Wednesday at the meetings in Luzern, Castellón, Bydgoszcz & Liège. All live streaming of course.

Leave a comment:

• LoveSprints1
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post

So its down to training facilities: I believe talent and hard work with coaching is the most important issue and the super talents which appear withe great regularity in the States from nowhere should be replicated in this country or say France, Germany Italy even if infrequently. Doesn't happen, only across the pond
    I believe there is a lot of naivety around about American clean? athletes
    We are surely all aware of the history of cheating sprinters in America.
    A lot of our sprinters are spending an increasing amount of time across the pond with wonder coaches, facilities etc: are you stating they are all un talented compared to the Americans,. if not why no comparable NCAA s
    uper improvements??
    If only DAS had spent all her time in USA she might be running 10.60 s I suppose. Get away with it !!
    You are such a jackass @phillipo. Last time I am going to respond to anything you say, as you bore me. Laters!

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    I think so, just because there are two guys who have thrown 22.91 and 22.90 around in the Shot.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    More than Crouser?

• Ursus
    replied
    I’d assumed that Allman’s 70.01 would have put her at the top of the wDT rankings. But I’d completely missed a 70.22 from Dutch youngster Jolinde van Klinken. Looks like the wind was howling but that still has to be harnessed.

On the men’s side it’s not often that 70.35 is only good enough for 2nd place, but that’s what happened to Kristjan Ceh who lost out by 20 cm to Stahl.

On the runway Walcott has finally remembered how to throw, launching a 89.12 effort although 2nd place in the rankings is taken by Krukowski (he of the Gateshead hat) with a Polish record of 89.55.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Biggest favourite of Tokyo, in my eyes.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Amazing athlete.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Trickstat, you've ruined things by coming along with facts!

• Ursus
    replied
    93.59 from Vetter. The only time he’s been sub 91 this year was a gentle 87 opener in Feb. Class apart.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Olympics only before 2000:

Arthur Wint 1948 400
    George Rhoden 1952 400
    Jamaican Men 4x400 team 1952
    Hasely Crawford 100 1976
    Don Quarrie 200 1976
    Alberto Juantorena 400 1976
    Deon Hemmings 400H 1996

And I think that's it.

• SprintRelayFan
    replied
    Just seen that Haroun the 2017 world 400 medalist sadly passed away in a car crash

Leave a comment:

• marra
    replied

Doesn't hold water. The Caribbean had gold medal sprinters a long time ago; you were not addressing the facts I mention.ed which are simple facts,poster.
    I never said they had NO medal winning sprinters, I said that they were not consistently winning medals pre 2000 with anything like the frequency that they have done since. Likewise with the East african nations in middle/long distance.

If I'm wrong, presumably you can show the data that shows that there has not been a dramatic increase in medal winning from those regions in those events over the last 20 years, compared with prior to that.

Also, if I'm wrong that many of our all time UK top 10s are either active now or recently retired (ie have retired since last Olympics), please show the data that shows that. It should be easy to prove as well.

I'll give you a heads up though. I'm not wrong about either.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    I will desist from further comment.
    I see this is going well...

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post

This is the downside of the funding-following-success model everyone is working to now. Once the tide goes out on a discipline or group of disciplines, it doesn’t come back in again.
    Maybe some truth in the last sen tence. Every time some poster, especially a certain well known contrarian, wants to gainsay anything I state ,that poster and others babbles about our fabulous middle distance athletes, For christ sake , what have they won at global level... nothing as yet.
    Tha n k you ,I would rather have two or three WINNERS than all your references to numbers of athletes with great times in
    quick DL paced
    races. Those one off DL fast races that cause little short of hysteria here are worth fiddly squat compared to a few medals in globals

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Thank goodness. Please, remain silent and be thought a fool rather than speak and remove all doubt.
    Last edited by MysteryBrick; 27-06-21, 00:29.
Working...
X