X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    alfie

• alfie
    replied
    Some remarkable times in those distance races. Some strange happenings in the steeplechases but didn't exactly derail the finishing times...Not sure Coburn would have caught Kiyeng even if she hadn't fallen but it would have been a great finish. Bird an excellent GB record - well done her. Must be a rather embarrassed timekeeper somewhere after the men's race !

Kipyegon , Cheryiot (can they really leave him out ?) stamping their authority , national records and PBs everywhere. Best Aussie prospect McSweyn an Oceania Record - and only fourth. But his countryman Edwards must feel even more conflicted , running a PB and finishing next to last .

Warholm just looks fantastic every time he races. And I agree that last three jump shoot out is a horrible way to decide an event. Rather farcical tonight in the TJ. Box office , I suppose...

Delighted for Muir and Reekie . And Giles consistency suggests GB have a decent hand in those middle distance events - but they haven't half got some tough opposition. Roll on Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Jogger
    Both steeplechases had crazy last laps. I did feel sorry for the men in particular, as they evidently all made the same mistake when they heard the bell. Some good times in spite of that though.

Rojas had a huge foul, and had easily the best jump of the competition but still only came second due to the silly final 3 rules - that's a very good reason to ditch them in my opinion. What would happen if Rojas (or anyone else for that matter) set a world record and still came 3rd? It could happen and its crazy to think about.

A great meeting on the whole, with Monaco living up to expectations yet again. However, it doesn't feel right somehow to be Monaco without a world record (yes I know - its based off previous years) but still a very entertaining couple of hours nonetheless.
    Kipyegon gave it her best shot, ok! She's only sorta superhuman!

Leave a comment:

• philipo

• philipo
    commented on 's reply
    excellent performance by Bird
  • LuckySpikes

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Out of all the crazinessi n that race, Lizzie Bird breaks Barbara Parker's British Record with 9:22.80. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    Michael Norman too.
  • LuckySpikes

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Oh no! Coburn having an Evan Jager moment!

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    OMG! Kiyeng thought that was the last lap! Madness in the Steeples tonight!

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Wade van Niekerk.
  • Ursus

• Ursus
    replied
    I’d totally missed that Kerley was so fast over the shorter sprints.

Anyone else have sub 44, 20 and 10 PBs? Johnson was only 10.09 over 100.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Ok, Brits have officially Got A Bit Of Work To Do in the 100m.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    Amazing PB for Aurore Fleury (who?) in 8th place, improving from 4:08.14 to 4:03.35 !
  • LuckySpikes

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    Wow. Faith Kipyegon definitely not ready to relinquish her olympic title. Sifan Hassan well beaten (with a super-fast time herself).
    Everyone else is scrapping for the minor medals in Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• marra

• marra
    replied
    That's some great pacemaking by Hassan there for Kipyegon.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Wow. Faith Kipyegon definitely not ready to relinquish her olympic title. Sifan Hassan well beaten (with a super-fast time herself).

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Ok, scratch Hassan from the 1500m.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X