Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Outdoors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Renelle Lamote of France was visibly emotional as she crossed the line in a rapid 1:58.65, a season's best and one of her quickest runs in her career, as she gained the Olympic qualifying standard in only her second outing of the season so far.

    Comment


    • Poland's Patryk Dobek continues to impress over 800m with a 1:44.76 victory ahead of Kenya's Collins Kipruto in 1:44.80, smashing his previous best by more than a second in the process... Will this be Dobek's new speciality, or will he continue with the 400m hurdles?

      Comment


      • Following on quickly from Dobek's 800m, the women's 400m in Montreiul was just as close, with Marileidy Paulino of the Dominican Republic egding out Belgian Cynthia Bolingo in a new meeting record of 50.66, while the latter set a new national record of 50.75.

        Comment


        • (Just a brief aside from the men's 800m that Dobek won - Adam Kszczot, normally so reliable on the international stage, continues to struggle so far this season, coming dead last in an un-impressive 1:48.23 having never been in contention throughout.)

          Comment


          • Naft Thiam made her first appearance of the season here at Montreiul in the high jump, and managed a best of 1.89m, fouling all three attempts at 1.92m

            Comment


            • These French commentators aren't holding back!

              Good women's 1500 with Darya Barysevich remaining anonymous for 1480m before pipping Claudia Bobocea on the line.

              Comment


              • Meanwhile in the men's triple jump there is a surprise leader as 22 year old French man Melvin Raffin, former World and European U20 bronze medalist is stealing the thunder from new indoor world record holder Fabrice Hugues Zango. In round one he improved upon his old PB with a 17.14m (+0.4 m/s) European leading mark, then followed that up with a further improvement out to 17.19m (+0.3 m/s) in round two


                However as I was typing this out, Zango then sailed out to a meeting record equalling, world leading and new outdoor PB of 17.67m (+0.2 m/s) effort in round two.... The record he matched? Well it happens belongs to none other than Zango's (and Raffin's) coach, Teddy Tamgho.
                Last edited by RunUnlimited; 01-06-21, 21:56.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                  These French commentators aren't holding back!

                  Good women's 1500 with Darya Barysevich remaining anonymous for 1480m before pipping Claudia Bobocea on the line.
                  I'm certain its the same French commentators who were going apes*** when Teddy Tamgho was threatening J Edward's world record back in the 2013 World Championships. They are a joy to listen to!

                  Comment


                  • LuckySpikes
                    LuckySpikes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I'm pretty sure I've heard them many times before at these French meetings.

                • Elvira Herman, reigning European champion over 100m hurdles, as well as a former World and European U20 and European U23 champion, wins in comfortably in a marginal season's best of 12.93 (+0.3 m/s)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
                    Naft Thiam made her first appearance of the season here at Montreiul in the high jump, and managed a best of 1.89m, fouling all three attempts at 1.92m
                    thats possibly good news for kjt, who probably wont be in peak condition for the olympics

                    Comment


                    • Arthur Cisse steals the thunder from South African sensation, "Gift" Leotleta who has run the =4th fastest time in the world so far this season over 100m with 9.94 in Johannesburg, the Ivorian athlete takin charge at 50m and not letting go the rest of the way, winning in 10.11 (+0.2 m/s) from France's Mahamadou Fall's season's best 10.16, with Leotleta coming in 3rd with 10.19. The South African's first ever run as a senior athlete in a individual 100m in Europe somewhat of a reality check for the 23 year old who has been hyped up since his junior days.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by drobbie View Post

                        thats possibly good news for kjt, who probably wont be in peak condition for the olympics
                        Certainly Thiam looked rusty out there in the high jump, but at least she *is* out there competing, while we've seen nothing from KJT since Doha 2019.

                        Comment


                        • Marie Josee Ta Lou made it look easy out there in the women's 100m, winning comfortably in 11.06 in virtually still air conditions, well ahead of Gambian Gina Bass who clocked 10.30

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by drobbie View Post

                            thats possibly good news for kjt, who probably wont be in peak condition for the olympics
                            it would be amazing if KJT is anywhere near her 6900 form after missing months of training. Looks like 6800 will win the OG Gold if Thiam suffers with her elbow. No way will KJT replicate that great performance in Doha.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
                              Arthur Cisse steals the thunder from South African sensation, "Gift" Leotleta who has run the =4th fastest time in the world so far this season over 100m with 9.94 in Johannesburg, the Ivorian athlete takin charge at 50m and not letting go the rest of the way, winning in 10.11 (+0.2 m/s) from France's Mahamadou Fall's season's best 10.16, with Leotleta coming in 3rd with 10.19. The South African's first ever run as a senior athlete in a individual 100m in Europe somewhat of a reality check for the 23 year old who has been hyped up since his junior days.
                              The track is not so fast i reckon but those conditions... oh for those conditions. Great to see Baker go sub 2 mins but rather disappointed with Copeland.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X