Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    The US athletics team do seem to going out quite late and many of them are going via a stopover in Hawaii which itself doesn't seem a bad idea.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Obviously said in jest. I think he might find the step up quite tough, but his speed in the last 200m off a slower pace is pretty impressive.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Young, no international experience, didn't have the qualifying standard - surely you wouldn't have even selected him, Philipo...

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    I've found it baffling the different times the Brit team has gone out. I'd have assumed they'd have all had to be there the same time

• philipo
    replied
    As far as the 1500m mens is concerned,the event is a lottery and I've been wondering if Cole Hocker may surprise a few people for a medal even if the race is medium fast 3.33s

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed - I would definitely want to be in Japan at least 2 weeks beforehand, just in case.

• philipo
    replied
    And I read a piece that said Kerr is leaving the States today. Not a good idea to leave a little late.

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    I find it weird people still going out now. Lyles was flying out today

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    I hope none of the athletes who haven’t yet headed to Tokyo don’t miss their events by getting stuck in isolation because they didn’t leave enough time.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Due to injuries I didn't think we were going to see Konstanze Klosterhalfen in Tokyo but she's entered in the 10,000 and finished 2nd in the 5000 in 14:52 at the Sunset Tour in California last night. Josette Norris won in 14:51, Emily Infeld 14:54, Abbey Cooper 14:56 PB.

Josette Norris is a massive improver this year - she ran 3:59.72 in the 1500 last weekend!

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post

Precisely what i expected.
    Track and field finals and Brit interest heats only on BBC. I would not bet on BBC showing any field events finals except with some Brit interest( meagre to say the least)
    As i do not wish to watch oodles of some sports it means effectively looking at TV or computer for hours in the hope that they will go athletics coverage.
    .Is it likely that at the start of the morning or evening Athletics sessions you will be told what events will be coming up on your screens??
    For anyone without Eurosport or a VPN, maybe a month's subscription to Discovery+ is worth it at £6.99 - https://promo.discoveryplus.co.uk/pr...-discoveryplus (it includes what used to be Eurosport Player with all the extra streams that that carries).

To avoid it auto-renewing, remember to cancel it at any time before the month is up. It's probably best to cancel it straight away? You'll still get the full month you paid for.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Probably. There’s a guide to what’s on which channel over the whole Olympics in the new issue of the Radio Rimea which is quite helpful too.

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ladyloz View Post

No chance. This year the BBC only have access to a maximum of 2 channels at any one time - basically what's on the main channel and 1 other Red Button/i-player stream. I can't see them using this for athletics too much, especially as main channel is likely to have all the track finals and at least some of the heats/qualifying (certainly those that have GB interest)

The full Digital coverage rights that we got from the BBC in Beijing; London & Rio is now owned by Discovery/Eurosport. If you have Eurosport as part of your TV package on Sky/Virgin/BT there are a number of pop up Eurosport Olympics channels which may have dedicated athletics feeds at some times if the coverage is not on Eurosport 1 or 2. Otherwise you need a subscription to Eurosport Player or Discovery+ - if you can afford this it's probably worth it I would say as this will give you access to pretty much everything and you can watch what you want. You want dedicated Triple Jump Qualifying, this is where you'll find it.

Would have thought you would be up on this Lucky Spikes
    Precisely what i expected.
    Track and field finals and Brit interest heats only on BBC. I would not bet on BBC showing any field events finals except with some Brit interest( meagre to say the least)
    As i do not wish to watch oodles of some sports it means effectively looking at TV or computer for hours in the hope that they will go athletics coverage.
    .Is it likely that at the start of the morning or evening Athletics sessions you will be told what events will be coming up on your screens??

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

I'm praying that they'll have the athletics world feeds on the iPlayer like they did for Rio! The Australian guy they had commentating with Rob Walker was a bit odd - whenever talking about the runner in the lead he would say, "[insert name] is on the plinth" - but other than that it was great.
    No chance. This year the BBC only have access to a maximum of 2 channels at any one time - basically what's on the main channel and 1 other Red Button/i-player stream. I can't see them using this for athletics too much, especially as main channel is likely to have all the track finals and at least some of the heats/qualifying (certainly those that have GB interest)

The full Digital coverage rights that we got from the BBC in Beijing; London & Rio is now owned by Discovery/Eurosport. If you have Eurosport as part of your TV package on Sky/Virgin/BT there are a number of pop up Eurosport Olympics channels which may have dedicated athletics feeds at some times if the coverage is not on Eurosport 1 or 2. Otherwise you need a subscription to Eurosport Player or Discovery+ - if you can afford this it's probably worth it I would say as this will give you access to pretty much everything and you can watch what you want. You want dedicated Triple Jump Qualifying, this is where you'll find it.

Would have thought you would be up on this Lucky Spikes

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post
    i wonder how much athletics we will see live, especially if there is little GB interest in the Beebs view.
    From previous OG athletics coverage by Beeb track and field will clearly take its turn, especially when there are important "youf" sports to be shown, like rock climbing, surfing, and f**king skateboarding.
    When the WC are on they have been able to show live all the heats of the sprints and the other track with a sprinkling of field events, but that was with no other sports on at the same time.
    I am not holding my breath this time round.
    I'm praying that they'll have the athletics world feeds on the iPlayer like they did for Rio! The Australian guy they had commentating with Rob Walker was a bit odd - whenever talking about the runner in the lead he would say, "[insert name] is on the plinth" - but other than that it was great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X