Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    45.94 from Warholm was shocking, anyone saying otherwise is, in my opinion, loopy. No-one could have predicted that time.

10.54 is slightly shocking but a little less so given how good she looked in Tokyo.

• Christy93
    replied
    Chuffed Kambundji has got her day in the sun, decent return to form for Dina - Still a way off her best, but getting there.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Sadly, she makes it so easy to dislike her.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Very good run from Kambundji. DAS not quite back at her best.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, I missed that.

• marra
    commented on 's reply
    +2.9m wind, mind.

• Christy93
    replied
    Separately, loving Sha'carri Richardson's post race interview. She was giving major *immature girl gets a reality check from her superiors and can't deal with it* energy, then SAFP & Shericka Jackson walked passed giving side eye smiling and giggling... Ah, just poetic.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Big PB for de Grasse, 9.74.

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    commented on 's reply
    Fair enough, Marra.

I consciously try to remain realistic when watching sport, and that does tend to lead itself into being overly sceptical at times, but I also think a lot of people on here go out of their way to avoid something that we all know: Cheating in sport is rife, and always has been, and covid was a godsend for anybody prepared to cheat to win - If somebody was ever going to cheat, it'll have been during covid.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    1.57.51 acc to Po10.

• Ursus
    replied
    23.15 in round 4 from Crouser, Territory only he’s been in.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Stunning performance by Kipyegon. The pace was a bit too much for Laura after Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• marra
    commented on 's reply
    3rd I think - she ran 1:57 something in Stockholm I believe.

• marra
    commented on 's reply
    If they were athletes coming from nowhere, it would be shocking. But we're talking about the Rio 100m champ in 10.71 and the existing hurdles WR holder. If they are on form, fit etc they should be improving their times and with the other factors I mentioned it's not that surprising. Clearly the tech is helping across the board.

I'm not disputing the unknown about testing but considering that we're seeing faster times from a range of athletes from a range of counties (including GB) I'm inclined to believe, right now, that it is more technical doping than anything else, until we get evidence to the otherwise.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    True, I was just checking and it's actually her second fastest time ever. It shows what a big-time performer she is to do what she did in Tokyo.
Working...
X