2021 Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    A new contender on the Men's 800m world scene?? And he's Mexican!

At the Kansas City Qualifier, in pretty windy conditions, Jesús Tonatiu López improved his own NR from 1:45.03 to 1:44.40. It looked like there was more in the tank too.

You can watch that race at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3D8dkhGlJM&t=1h15m43s - he's easy to spot, the tall guy in the Nike kit wearing specs. (The commentators read out the start list but Learmonth was a DNS).
    He looked very strong in the last 100m; would be nice to see even more South Americans getting to the elite level.

Comment

• Originally posted by drobbie View Post

im predicting an olympic bronze for ugen, its probably her year to do something decent, after not being very good for the last few
      there is a whole bunch of LJers in the womens event this year; three or four Americans plus mihambo , and a few european and even the top Aussie;cannot see Ugen getting in amongst the top group.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
        MysteryBrick commented
        Editing a comment
        6.77m for Proctor this weekend. Didn't think she had it in her any more.

• Cracking Continental Tour Gold meeting this coming Sunday in Walnut (!) AKA Mt Sac.

Entry Lists at https://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile...news_id=618072

Comment

• MysteryBrick
        MysteryBrick commented
        Editing a comment
        That is an unreal set of entries

• RunUnlimited
        RunUnlimited commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastic line ups in the programme and a fair few British entrants too. Hopefully the weather will be better here than it was in Oregan a couple of weeks ago.

• drobbie
        drobbie commented
        Editing a comment
        i assume this is on a stream somewhere?

• One of the first good European meetings of the season - Savona (ITA) on 13th May - seems to be shaping up nicely.

The latest announcement is that Dasher, Lalova-Collio & Dobbin will run the 200.

Comment

• carterhatch
        carterhatch commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder what Dobbin's plans are? I got the impression, had there not been the pandemic, that she was looking to step up to 400. I suspect the 400 is looking a little more congested for Olympic berths than say, 18 months ago, but the 200, one would think, is almost Dasher and Amy Hunt plus one...

• RunUnlimited
        RunUnlimited commented
        Editing a comment
        @caterhatch Maybe Dobbins is doing a spot of speed work as she migrates to being more of a 400m runner? Or even, that she might try the 200/400m double? (Unlikely I know, but the schedule for Tokyo does allow for an attempt.)

Do note that though it's pretty clear Jodie Williams is also heading towards the longer distance as her main event these days, she still has run plenty of 200m races so far in the early outdoor season compared to running the 400m (Four runs at the shorter sprint against a single race in the one lap sprint). I expect Jodie to up the number of 400m appearances at the season develops, as will Dobbins most likely.

I'm sure Dobbins and her coach know exactly what they are doing, so I look forward to how her season progresses regardless of the distance she's running.
        Last edited by RunUnlimited; 05-05-21, 11:08.

• drobbie , Yes it seems that these days WA show all the Continental Tour Gold meetings on their YouTube channel.

Comment

• Catching up on some throws from the last 10 days - 22.72 from Kovacs and 91.50 by Vetter.

Comment

Cracking Continental Tour Gold meeting this coming Sunday in Walnut (!) AKA Mt Sac.

Entry Lists at https://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile...news_id=618072
          it will be quite something if they all turn up; there are 30 entries shown for the women's 800m; very surprised if they are all there; a few entrants of athletes in an OG year trying to resurrect their past glories; Lashawn Merrit for one, but plenty of others . In what looks like somewhat better conditions than the last USA Gold meet(or was it silver) the temperature may be warm.
          I think that the events will be held in many cases at GMT which is not too onerous. The meet starts at pre mid day in Walnut with good events at 8 to 11 p.m. here.

Comment

drobbie , Yes it seems that these days WA show all the Continental Tour Gold meetings on their YouTube channel.
            Indeed; i just hope that the event is well organised and any false starts are treated in acc with the rules,, unlike he women's 100m at Miramar.

Comment

• Here’s Vetter’s throw in slo mo. Yes, indoor runway at his Offenburg training base.

Just look at the technique, the length of that last stride. The stresses are enormous, it’s no wonder spear chuckers break so often.

https://youtu.be/yp-QXb26oJ8

Comment

• "Track Meet" in California on 14th & 15th May is looking brilliant if everyone turns up!

Entries listed at https://www.soundrunning.run/trackmeet (including loads of Brits entered)

Part of the meeting is on ESPN (I'll provide a link) and I think/hope that the rest of it is on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                X