X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hemlock
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    Everyone loves Natoya Goule. Certainly me. And evidently also The Hodge.
    Evidence? Item (a): Finishes the race in lane 6 so as to give Natoya every chance.
    (b) huge Stahl-sized congratulatory bear hug at the end. Natoya looked quite startled!
    Now look here, is her nickname "The Hodge", or is it "Aunty Keely"?
    Both are excellent nicknames (on a level with "Whispering Death" or "The Dark Destroyer"), but this needs to be settled.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    You rarely seem to see decent LJ distances at meetings when the run-up is just inside the track and the jumpers are hemmed in by races. I don't think it's very helpful to have little choice other than to sit on a bench between jumps rather than be able to stay loose walking around and do strides.

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    With Mboma and Niyonsaba winning again in Brussels, WA have to do something about this situation before next season.

Was delighted to see Alicia Monson sticking her nose in at the pointy end for so long in the 5000, going through 3k in about 8:43 she hung on for a 14:42.56 PB. Now #4 US all-time a fraction ahead of Molly Huddle but #3 if you discount "authentic burrito" munchers and #2 if you're counting only "proper" races not time-trials! Dathan Ritzenhein is doing great things with the On Athletics Club (Hoare also ran well in the 1500).
    Another terrific time for Eilish in 14:31.

Great efforts by Keely & Jemma in the 800, looking much better than they did a couple of weeks ago.

Even pre-45.94 dos Santos's winning time of 48.23 would have been a bit meh for a Diamond League!

Talking about meh, has there ever been a worse Men's Long Jump in the Diamond League? That event is a bit lost if Echevarria & Tentoglou aren't competing.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    Everyone loves Natoya Goule. Certainly me. And evidently also The Hodge.
    Evidence? Item (a): Finishes the race in lane 6 so as to give Natoya every chance.
    (b) huge Stahl-sized congratulatory bear hug at the end. Natoya looked quite startled!

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Saw article via AW that current World rankings for the athletes show that on a points basis the top Brit is Pozzi in 60th place and Laura Muir top british female in 15th place.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Sifan Hassan goes for the World Mile Record in Brussels, doesn’t get it. Many PBs & NRs behind her of course.

Not a good night for GB at all so far.
    Last edited by Grassmarket; 03-09-21, 20:07.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Apparently, Tecuceanu is close to being qualified for Italy.

• philipo
    replied
    Okoye doesn't make Zurich final. Wasnt at Brussels I note.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by trevorp View Post

Did anyone watch it? I see Rowden DNF.
    He was right up behind the pacemaker then dropped out at 250m! No obvious injury that I could see.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    Hodgkinson is doing Brussels and Zurich, that wildcard would come in handy for next year

Leave a comment:

• trevorp
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    None of the Brits did owt great at the Rovereto WACT Silver meeting.
    Did anyone watch it? I see Rowden DNF.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    None of the Brits did owt great at the Rovereto WACT Silver meeting.

Catalin Tecuceanu (ROU) was a very surprise winner of the 800 in 1:45.19 (a 0.55s PB). He races a lot in Italy so I think he must be based there.

There was a pair of good 3000m races. In the Women's race there was a ton of PBs (not marked correctly on the official results) - Svetlana Aplachkina (ANA) 8:39.95 PB led home 4 women at 8:41 or better including Elena Burkard 8:40.46 PB and Dani Jones 8:41.01 PB. Sarah Healy bettered her PB from 12 days ago by 5 seconds with 8:52.63 for 6th place.
    In the Men's ... Elzan Bibic has really found some form, outkicking Iguider to win in 7:39.45 PB.

Michael Cherry won the 400 in 44.55 and eased up with 10m to go for some reason, jogging over the line.

Christin Hussong won the Diamond League Jav with a 66.06 best from Muze & Ogrodnikova.

Full Results: http://www.fidal.it/risultati/2021/C...TSBYEVENT1.htm

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    60.34 pb for Marc Scott in the men’s event.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    WORLD RECORD at the Antrim Coast Half Marathon!

Yalemzerf Yehualaw ran 63:43 demolishing Ruth Chepngetich's 64:02 from Istanbul in April.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    The rigid diamond league structure has led to some slightly flat meetings post Tokyo. After those incredible performances at the Olympics the most in demand athletes are not being showcased. There hasn’t been a male 400 hurdles race since Tokyo and only one women’s triple jump in the last three meetings.

There is a men’s hurdles race in Brussels, but there we won’t see Rojas jump until the final meeting in Zurich. The conditions were perfect today, it would have been great to see her have another crack at the WR

Leave a comment:

Working...
X