No announcement yet.

2021 Indoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB of 8.08 for Jacob Fincham Dukes to win the LJ.

Comment

• Larissa Iapchino (daughter of Fiona May etc etc) set a new U20 Long Jump WR & absolute Italian NR of 6.91 today.

Comment

• Impressive by Iapchino, but when you say absolute, Grassmarket....

The ever reliable Wiki tells me that she’s only equalled her mum’s indoor mark. I haven’t the foggiest whether that’s right or not but if it is that will be a fun conversation over the dinner table.

Little way to mum’s outdoor NR of 7.11.

Comment

• Cian McPhilips ran 1:46.13 at 18 years of age to go second on the European all-time U20 list. Mark English ran 1:46.10 in the same race. Men’s 800 is absolutely loaded at present at the European level - Giles, Webb, Learmonth, Kszczot, Kramer, Reuther, Tuka, Bosse, Robert. Could be the race of the championships in Toruń

Good to see Fincham-Duked making progress

Comment

• according to the results Holy Mills has started with a 8.22 in the 60h - just outside her PB ... It wll be interesting to see what she can score overall today. in the Pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
              according to the results Holy Mills has started with a 8.22 in the 60h - just outside her PB ... It wll be interesting to see what she can score overall today. in the Pen.
              Talking about the pen/heptathlon and young, up and coming British athletes in the discipline, is there any news regarding the still reigning World Junior Hep champion, Niamh Emerson?

Since suffering a season-ending knee injury at Gotzis in 2019, and only appearing sparingly in the Covid-shortened and affected 2020 season, she's yet to emerge on the indoor scene this winter. Hopefully she is doing ok and not coming back from another injury.

Comment

• Holly Mills jumps 1.73 in the Pen HJ - below her PB I think of 1.78 - and long term a discipline I am sure she will hope to improve upon...

RunUnlimited I have no idea what Ms. Emerson is up to - though I do hope she is fit and healthy.

I know i say this every year about the poor turnout for the indoors, and I know it is an Olympic year, AND I know we are admist a pandemic... but if i were a competing athlete, having been couped up all winter, with a very disrupted year behind me, and who knows if the Olympics will take place, I would be chomping at the bit to see how my training translated to competition...

PS ... Ian Hodge - my go-to twitter source for athletics results - has just tweeted that Holly Mills has recorded a big PB of 14.02 in the Shot ... that will please her - it certainly has me !
                Last edited by carterhatch; 21-02-21, 13:12.

Comment

• and thanks to followi ng Ian Hodge I have been informed Sophie Mckinna has thrown 'Another PB today at Loughborough.. 18.54m to strengthen her 4th place on Euro rankings. Five throws over 18m.' She deserves a great deal of credit, as dsicussed before, did she not decline funding to carry on working and do her own thing... chapeau!

If Holly Mills gets anywhere close to her PBs in LJ and 800, then she will be looking at a very much improved PB in indoor Pen ...

Comment

• Andrew Murphy scored 4559 in the heptathlon, having fouled out in the shot.

Comment

• Jodie Williams wins the 400 in 52.27.

Don't know what's happening with the wHJ because they've posted the results for the wrong event.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Talking about the pen/heptathlon and young, up and coming British athletes in the discipline, is there any news regarding the still reigning World Junior Hep champion, Niamh Emerson?

Since suffering a season-ending knee injury at Gotzis in 2019, and only appearing sparingly in the Covid-shortened and affected 2020 season, she's yet to emerge on the indoor scene this winter. Hopefully she is doing ok and not coming back from another injury.
                        Competing indoors is a good idea for a lot of young multi-eventers, there will be some useful bonus points available at the European Indoors which could be important for athletes looking to get an invite to Tokyo via the rankings system. Mills and Emerson who aren’t strong javelin throwers fair better indoors. AFAIC remember Emerson’s score from Glasgow 2019 should count towards the rankings for Tokyo, should she not gain the qualifying mark

Comment

• Credit to James Williams running the qualifying standard today, looks like he will make his first British team at age 29

Comment

• trickstat
                            trickstat commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That''s a double for the J Williamses in the 400!

• 1.93 for Morgan Lake.

1.87 PB for Emily Borthwick to take 2nd.
                          Last edited by Occasional Hope; 21-02-21, 16:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
                            Holly Mills jumps 1.73 in the Pen HJ - below her PB I think of 1.78 - and long term a discipline I am sure she will hope to improve upon...

RunUnlimited I have no idea what Ms. Emerson is up to - though I do hope she is fit and healthy.

I know i say this every year about the poor turnout for the indoors, and I know it is an Olympic year, AND I know we are admist a pandemic... but if i were a competing athlete, having been couped up all winter, with a very disrupted year behind me, and who knows if the Olympics will take place, I would be chomping at the bit to see how my training translated to competition...

PS ... Ian Hodge - my go-to twitter source for athletics results - has just tweeted that Holly Mills has recorded a big PB of 14.02 in the Shot ... that will please her - it certainly has me !
                            Worth bearing in mind that only those considered to be in with a chance of making the team have been invited to the Trials this year. While very few athletes overall are even allowed to train at a track at the moment.

Comment

• 4557 in the end for Holly Mills - looks like a pb by almost 300 points.

Comment

• trickstat
                                trickstat commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Moves her up to 5th all-time behind Kat, Jess, Kelly and Niamh.
                            Working...
                            X