• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, good run by Giles.

Comment

• carterhatch
      carterhatch commented
      Editing a comment
      great to be able to watch some athletics - with a very good start by all three, Gile, DASHER and McKinna

I don't think kissing the track is very Covid safe.

Comment

Pozzi’s out....😥. Hope that’s just a twinge, he was one of the stars of the summer.

Martinot-Lagarde also out. 😕
      Last edited by Grassmarket; 29-01-21, 19:59.

Comment

FINALLY - some athletics - had to dig out my password list as i couldnt remember it, i remember being pissed off at the gap between the euro cross country and the indoor season in previous years - its been months - dina for the uk record?

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
          FINALLY - some athletics - had to dig out my password list as i couldnt remember it, i remember being pissed off at the gap between the euro cross country and the indoor season in previous years - its been months - dina for the uk record?
          Could be, she was very near last time she did indoors couple of years back. Presuming she has committed to several events, otherwise the BBC wouldn’t have taken the lot!

Nice 3000m Melissa Courtney-Briant!

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
            I don't think kissing the track is very Covid safe.
            You’re OK unless someone else kisses it.

DAS 7.08 WL, will surely do better this season!
            Last edited by Grassmarket; 29-01-21, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post

Could be, she was very near last time she did indoors couple of years back. Presuming she has committed to several events, otherwise the BBC wouldn’t have taken the lot!

Nice 3000m Melissa Courtney-Briant!
              shes apparently running in the euro championships - think the bcc gave her a bung - as there is no sign of the ususal suspects reekie and muir

Comment

Very good live stream for the Vienna meeting (with English commentary!) - https://streamster.tv/event/leichtat...d-vienna-2021/

Comment

A very belated Happy New Year everyone. :-)

How wonderful to see some top athletics again. That was some w SP! (Two Sophies. Two Olympic medals in the heavy throws!?!? ...Would have seemed an insane idea 10 yrs ago.)

Comment

Very good performances by the Brits last night.

The big surprise of the night was Mohamed Katir's (ESP) 7:35 in the 3000, taking 9 seconds off his outdoor PB. Suddenly a favourite for the title in Torun next month.

Dasher is due to run again in Dusseldorf tomorrow - Dezerea Bryant & del Ponte also entered.

Only 1 Brit in Vienna today - Jamie Webb won the 800 from Kuipers in 1:46.94.

The Dutch W 400 NR was broken twice. First by Lieke Klaver, 51.48 and then by Femke Bol in the next race, 50.96 WL.

They took contrasting approaches - Klaver's splits were 23.60 + 27.88. Bol's were 24.67 + 26.29. Bol much more sensible!

Comment

Keely Hodgkinson was a late entrant in the 800 in Vienna today ...

You can watch her race at around the 7 hour 17 minute mark at https://streamster.tv/event/leichtat...d-vienna-2021/

It's well worth it!

She's also interviewed at the 7h 36m mark.
                      Last edited by LuckySpikes; 30-01-21, 18:16.

Comment

Fabulous run by Keely! What can she do outdoors this year???

Comment

• LuckySpikes
                          LuckySpikes commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In that time region she might have a dilemma ... Presuming both take place, does she target the World U20 Championships as a hot favourite, or does she go instead to the Olympics for experience?

The World U20s are a couple of weeks after Tokyo so maybe she could do both, depending on whether or not the U20s will have to arrive in Nairobi early to quarantine before those championships start.

• Occasional Hope
                          Occasional Hope commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Might be worth thinking about which is more likely to be cancelled for a start.

That was superb! She made it look as though the pace-making was only for her as she was so far clear.

Comment

It is of course a U20 NR. The gap to the next best (legend Kirsty Wade) is huge.
                          And I think it makes her the 4th fastest Brit in history indoors (faster than the biggest legend of them all, KH).

Comment

Despite all that, qualifying for the Olympics will not be easy.
                            We have a ludicrously strong collection of athletes in the 800.
                            In addition to JR and the `old guard' (very very experienced, tough and talented competitors) don't rule out Boffey in any championship-type race...

Comment

Working...
                            X