2021 Indoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.93 for Morgan Lake.

1.87 PB for Emily Borthwick to take 2nd.
    Last edited by Occasional Hope; 21-02-21, 17:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
      Holly Mills jumps 1.73 in the Pen HJ - below her PB I think of 1.78 - and long term a discipline I am sure she will hope to improve upon...

RunUnlimited I have no idea what Ms. Emerson is up to - though I do hope she is fit and healthy.

I know i say this every year about the poor turnout for the indoors, and I know it is an Olympic year, AND I know we are admist a pandemic... but if i were a competing athlete, having been couped up all winter, with a very disrupted year behind me, and who knows if the Olympics will take place, I would be chomping at the bit to see how my training translated to competition...

PS ... Ian Hodge - my go-to twitter source for athletics results - has just tweeted that Holly Mills has recorded a big PB of 14.02 in the Shot ... that will please her - it certainly has me !
      Worth bearing in mind that only those considered to be in with a chance of making the team have been invited to the Trials this year. While very few athletes overall are even allowed to train at a track at the moment.

Comment

• 4557 in the end for Holly Mills - looks like a pb by almost 300 points.

Comment

• trickstat
          trickstat commented
          Editing a comment
          Moves her up to 5th all-time behind Kat, Jess, Kelly and Niamh.

• Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
        4557 in the end for Holly Mills - looks like a pb by almost 300 points.
        Holly Mills is going to be (another!) monster in the Heptathlon from these shores. Going off Ian Hodge's Twitter feed, it appears as though Holly has made some considerable progess in the last year, and particularly encouraging is seeing her improvement in the Shot, with that 14.06m pb today. The strength events were what cost her a medal at the Euro U-20s in 2019, and the fact that a year or so later she's already going over 14 meters (in an event that has sometimes been an Achilles Heel for our hepathletes in the past), points to someone who could also substantially improve in the javelin too.

Couple that with her already classy hurdling, world class (at junior level) long jumping, improving high jumping and solid 800m form, and you have your self a very competitive, 6000+ point multi eventer who will turn 21 this April. If she can add a touch more basic speed for the 200m, then she becomes a really serious medal threat in future major championships.

Comment

• With the 3x European Trial micro-meets on the weekend just gone I think that's it for the UK "indoor season". A shame really - especially that countries on the continent (also hard hit by Covid) seemed to manage meets on all levels - from grass-roots to elite... As somebody put it on Twitter - you can stare at the same tin of beans in Lidl with 20 strangers but you cannot run around a huge outdoor 400m track - even on your own...

Comment

• Sophie McKinna’s performances have gone slightly under the radar this year, she’s a better athlete than she was in 2019, I can see her throwing 19m at some stage in 2021. She’s 5th ranked in Europe and only 12cm behind Roos in 3rd, she’s in with a chance of a medal in Toruń
            Last edited by treadwater1; 22-02-21, 22:42.

Comment

• Early start in Madrid, most Brits are no shows for the usual reasons. Andrew Pozzi (Il Italiano) won his heat, goes against Holloway in the final - 7.32 in the Heat. Colin Jackson experiencing his last hours as a WR holder?

Holloway 7.29 WR!
              Last edited by Grassmarket; 24-02-21, 18:39.

Comment

• Strange pacing for that Women's 3000 WR attempt - the first 4 laps in 2:08 (that's 8:00 pace !), just as what was apparently requested by Tsegay.

I suppose it was an echo of the very fast first 400 in her 1500 WR and that worked for her then, but using a similar strategy for double the distance at altitude was folly.

Comment

• Morgan Lake with 1.96 in Serbia. So an Olympic qualifier and a great chance for an invite to the European indoors.

Comment

• Holloway looks really strong this season. Could the outdoors WR be on the cards this summer?

That's encouraging from Lake.

Comment

• Renaud Lavillenie 6.06m today at All Star Perche meeting in Clermont-Ferrand with quite a bit of clearance. Don't really know why he was attacking 6.20m three times. IMHO should've ended the comp on a high note and start preparing for Toruń.

6.06m is his third best ever & best since his world record breaking result in Donetsk on 15 February 2014.
                      Last edited by Chaykin; 27-02-21, 20:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaykin View Post
                        Renaud Lavillenie 6.06m today at All Star Perche meeting in Clermont-Ferrand with quite a bit of clearance. Don't really know why he was attacking 6.20m three times. IMHO should've ended the comp on a high note and start preparing for Toruń.

6.06m is his third best ever & best since his world record breaking result in Donetsk on 15 February 2014.
                        Well, when he broke the WR in Donetsk it was on a similar extravagant gesture, so obviously he hoped lightning would strike twice! Plus I think Clermont is pretty much his home patch, isn’t it?

Comment

• That gal, Athing Mu, is a fine prospect after easily winning the 800m at the SEC conference in 1 .58.40 running on her own for most of the way; Ran earlier this season a sub 51 400m; only 19 years of age. She will be tough to get near in two weeks time at the NCAA final. Her time was third fastest in the world this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by philipo View Post
                            That gal, Athing Mu, is a fine prospect after easily winning the 800m at the SEC conference in 1 .58.40 running on her own for most of the way; Ran earlier this season a sub 51 400m; only 19 years of age. She will be tough to get near in two weeks time at the NCAA final. Her time was third fastest in the world this year.
                            did anyone actually see the race in question; whats sad is that if any Brit girl had done such a race indoors mass enthusiasm would be registered on this forum; not what i expected on a fans forum with all these "internationalists" on board.

Comment

• Possibly those two factors might be related? IE most of us won't have seen the race so can't really comment.

We did note her equally fine 400 recently. As I mentioned then, with 800 as her main event, there could be a great rivalry developing between her and Keely Hodgkinson, whose junior WIR she's now broken.

Comment

Working...
                              X