X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    Amy Hunt definitely looks like a big talent.

Is someone going to star5 a July thread?
    *Sighs* Well I *guess* I'll do it then if no one else wants to.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Amy Hunt definitely looks like a big talent.

Is someone going to star5 a July thread?

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    She’s competing over 200m at Lausanne and posted that she isn’t moving to the 400m, but she looked like she had a lot more to give, so I certainly hope she at least runs the long relay. Hopefully, she smashes her SB in the 200m this weekend, as she should be in PB shape, based on her 100m and 400m times so far. Allyson Felix was always her idol as a youngster, so hopefully she’s telling her to go with the 200m/400m!

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    Oh wow! Well done!

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Wow!

That is the second Sunday in a row that a British U20 record in a 'mainstream' event has been set by an athlete who is actually an U18!

Until very recently I thought of her as being more a 60/100 type.
    Last edited by trickstat; 30-06-19, 14:44.

• drobbie
    commented on 's reply
    shes run 11.17 and 22.92 this year in the shorter sprints, back in form after 3 or 4 years of struggle

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Jodie Williams, the forgotten women of female sprinting after her stellar youth and junior career, roars back into the spotlight at La-Chaux-de-Fonds (with caveats attached!) with a storming run in the 400m, absolutely crushing her personal best with a time of 51.22, loping over a second off her previous best time at the distance and going straight to the top of the UK 2019 ranking list.

Watching the run she looked like she had more to give, even though she was meters ahead of the rest of the field, which included British teammate Zoey Clarke, and perhaps this is showing that Jodie's future may now lie in the 400m, rather than at the shorter sprints.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    A 51.22 PB for Jodie Williams in the C race in La Chaux-de-Fonds! Faster than the winners in the A and B races. Emily Diamond 51.7x SB in the A race.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    accepting all the caveats you quite rightly mention about this venue, I hope Ms. Lansiquot takes confidence from this performance and backs it up very soon ...

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Well, after that bit of excitement (!) we bring MORE positive news of British athletes, though again with the caveat that it was from the La-Chaux-de-Fonds venue, Imani Lansiqout came 3rd in the main women's 100m final in a wind legal PB of 11.09!

That's time moves Lansiquot up to 4th on the UK senior all time list in the 100m, leap frogging over Kathy Cook.
    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 30-06-19, 13:26.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    thanks for the acknowledgement I hope i can see the race on youtube et al ..

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
    Knew a 22. was coming but 22.4?!?!?! Holy smokes... We've found one
    Carterhatch left a comment last week during the Bedford Championships that Amy Hunt had a "bit of the Kathy Cook" about her... Well they will be happy to know that Hunt has run faster than Cook ever did as a teenager! In fact, Hunt's performance is a World Age 17 best, a World Age 18 best and moves her to 5th place on the World U-20 all time lists!

You should have seen Hunt's face at the end of the race, she was gobsmacked at what she had just done!

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    thanks for bringing such good news, you are almost single-handed keeping this forum alive...

• carterhatch
    replied
    I don't want to get too excited, and I hope that expectation, injury and/or illness do not interrupt this young, developing talent but well done Ms. Amy Hunt, a truly exceptional performance....

and as I have said a few times before ... there is much about her that reminds me of a Kathy Smallwood...

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    replied
    Knew a 22. was coming but 22.4?!?!?! Holy smokes... We've found one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X