X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by philipo View Post
    did not miss it; was not specially impressed; and after the NCAA season closes after the nationals, it remains to be seen what he can do.
    Well it has to be said that the winner of the event managed it with a distance of "only" 8.20m.... not exactly jumping out of the pit and Fincham-Dukes wasn't that far behind overall. Also all of Fincham-Dukes' attempts were around the 7.80m - 7.90m range, good consistency and a base to build off from if he wants to become a consistent 8m+ jumper.

Leave a comment:

• Laps
    replied
    From Hengelo yesterday.
    Eilish McColgan went third GB All-Time behind Radcliffe and Pavey with a 14.47.94 PB.
    Kyle Langford was 2nd to a Kenyan in the 800m in 1.45.87 beating de Arriba. He seems to be getting back into good shape.

A novel Long Jump comp. After three rounds, 1st then jumped against 8th, 2nd v 7th etc in a knockout format.
    Manyonga won final with 8.35, after winning semi-final with 8.31. A very tough man to beat anyway, but especially in this format it seems.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
    Some domestic news that has passed under the radar in the last couple of days.... With the European U-23's on the horizon, Dom Ashwell, 5th placer at last year's World U-20 Championship 100m, and Oliver Bromby, a former European U-20 100m bronze medalist, both picked a good time to lower their 100m personal bests. On Wednesday at Lee Valley, Ashwell with a clocking of 10.20 (+1.5 m/s) and Bromby just behind him with 10.22, got the qualifying standard for the European U-23's with room to spare.

Also missed by us athletic nerds here (me included apparently!) was Jacob Fincham-Dukes joining the 8 meter club. At the NCAA Championships in Austin, Texas, Fincham-Dukes came 5th in the final, jumping exactly 8.00m (+2.0 m/s), going top of the UK 2019 rankings and also gaining the qualifying standard for the U-23's... though whether he'll want to go to Gavle for that after the always hectic schedule on the US collegiate circuit, is another thing altogether.
    did not miss it; was not specially impressed; and after the NCAA season closes after the nationals, it remains to be seen what he can do.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Some domestic news that has passed under the radar in the last couple of days.... With the European U-23's on the horizon, Dom Ashwell, 5th placer at last year's World U-20 Championship 100m, and Oliver Bromby, a former European U-20 100m bronze medalist, both picked a good time to lower their 100m personal bests. On Wednesday at Lee Valley, Ashwell with a clocking of 10.20 (+1.5 m/s) and Bromby just behind him with 10.22, got the qualifying standard for the European U-23's with room to spare.

Also missed by us athletic nerds here (me included apparently!) was Jacob Fincham-Dukes joining the 8 meter club. At the NCAA Championships in Austin, Texas, Fincham-Dukes came 5th in the final, jumping exactly 8.00m (+2.0 m/s), going top of the UK 2019 rankings and also gaining the qualifying standard for the U-23's... though whether he'll want to go to Gavle for that after the always hectic schedule on the US collegiate circuit, is another thing altogether.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Not talking about some recent action, but this does have something to do with a GB athlete.

Someone I was looking forward to seeing this year in the senior ranks was Molly Caudery, who set the UK U-20 pole vault record at Mannheim last year (4.53m). But so far this year for her it has been a far cry from her exploits last season. She has only managed a best of 4.18m indoors so far (last season indoors, Molly had cleared 4.30, putting 3rd on the UK U-20 list indoors) this year, and more worryingly still, she no-heighted in the two outdoors events she's had so far on the US collegiate circuit.

I'm wondering that her failure to medal at the World Juniors in 2018 (ranked #2 in the world as a junior, but come the final only managed 4.10m to come a very disappointing =9th) might have affected her into this season too? (Could be injuries are also playing a part too for all I know.)

Leave a comment:

• camerajuan
    commented on 's reply
    I was not as lucky - Just got back from Cyprus so was unpacking & cleaning clothes ready for the back to reality thunderstorm of today!

Massive fan of hers. Her medal last year from Lane 1 was special!

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by camerajuan View Post
    Seeing reports of a WC qualifier by Meghan Beesley in Prague! 55.89.
    ....and in 3rd was Meghan Beesley with a season's best of 55.89, and she was right up there with Hejnova coming to the last two hurdles but faded a bit at the end.
    Way ahead of ya Camerajuan! I watched the race live on the streaming service link provided by LuckySpikes.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    Pleased for Meghan, always comes across as a real hard worker who makes the very most of her ability, something others could learn from ... I do wonder if Lina Nielsen can find the improvement she needs from her new PB to get a qualifier, it would be nice to have three ladies competing at Doha in the event.

• camerajuan
    replied
    Seeing reports of a WC qualifier by Meghan Beesley in Prague! 55.89.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    Earlier in the meeting, David King managed a season's best of 13.58 in the 110m hurdles, where he came 3rd, behind South African Antonio Alkana who won in an =SB 13.38.

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Not UK but while we're on the subject of the Prague meeting ... great run by Gabriela Gajanova, the Czech lass in the 800, a 2.00.58 PB just behind Akkaoui. She's still just 19.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    There is also British representation in the men's long jump, with Reynold Banigo and Dan Bramble jumping. Banigo finishes in 5th place with an outdoor season's best of 7.64m (he's jumped 7.77m indoors in the winter), while Bramble finishes a place and a centimeter behind him, with 7.63m as his best leap.

Much work for both of them to do if they want to qualify for Doha.

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    In the men's 400m in Prague, Dwayne Cowan comes 4th in a season's best of 45.91, behind a new meeting record of 45.09 from Baboloki Thebe. Home favourite Pavel Maslak looked really bad though, never getting into the action and finishing way down the field in a disappointing 46.61

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    More Brit involvement in the meet. Adelle Tracey comes 4th in the 800m, opening her outdoor season with a 2:01.58.

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    D'oh! I was wondering why on the European Athletics it had a "Hannah Williams" born in 1989! Thanks for the heads up Paps. I'll edit my erroneous entry.
Working...
X