Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Outdoor June 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Nick Miller doesn't have long to wait for a chance of revenge over Kokhan. They're facing off again at Saturday's Kuortane Games (by the way, I may have figured out that the Finnish meetings are available live without geo-blocking).

    Comment


    • #62
      Some UK performances of note in the last couple of days...

      In Ostrava, Kyle Langford came fourth in the 800m, behind Tuka, Kszczot and Kipketer, clocking 1:46.08 as he continued his return to full action after missing most of 2018 with injury.

      Martin Rooney's difficult start to season continued in the 400m contest, following on from his poor run at Sollentuna on Tuesday he was way down the field in the race won by Steven Gardiner (44.95), coming a distant 7th in a less than promising season's "best" of 47.38.

      Charles Da'Vall Grice won in the men's mile race, overtaking Kenyan Michael Kibet in the last few strides to win in 3:56.95, another good mile win for the Brit.

      Richard Kilty's return from injury continued in the "B" 100m race, and he came through for a third placed finish in a decent 10.27 SB (-0.3 m/s), behind American Bryce Robinson (10.21) and South African Thando Dlodlo (10.24).

      Finally in the women's 1500m, which has been such a hot event in the last month or so, Sarah McDonald good form continued, coming second to Gudaf Tsegay (4:02.95) who was fresh from her personal best run in that record breaking race in Rabat on Sunday. McDonald, also fresh from moving into 12th place on the UK all time list in the same race, clocked 4:03.79 in this race, her third best time ever over the distance. Meanwhile 21 year old Jemma Reekie finished 7th in that race in a new personal best of 4:05.82, knocking almost 3 seconds off her previous best time set last year at the Athletics World Cup (4:09.05).

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
        ...

        Finally in the women's 1500m, which has been such a hot event in the last month or so, Sarah McDonald good form continued, coming second to Gudaf Tsegay (4:02.95) who was fresh from her personal best run in that record breaking race in Rabat on Sunday. McDonald, also fresh from moving into 12th place on the UK all time list in the same race, clocked 4:03.79 in this race, her third best time ever over the distance. Meanwhile 21 year old Jemma Reekie finished 7th in that race in a new personal best of 4:05.82, knocking almost 3 seconds off her previous best time set last year at the Athletics World Cup (4:09.05).
        Jemma Reekie ran a 4:06.11 split in the Anniversary Games Mile last year, hence why she was able to go to Berlin (the UKA standard was 4:07.00). But yes, another eight PBs in the Ostrava race including Darya Barysevich 4:04.4 and our favourite Slovenian distance runner, Marusa Mishmash, 4:06.6.

        Various Brits competing in Tuebingen, Nancy, Kuortane & the Berlin street meeting on Saturday.
        Last edited by LuckySpikes; 21-06-19, 14:58.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

          Jemma Reekie ran a 4:06.11 split in the Anniversary Games Mile last year, hence why she was able to go to Berlin (the UKA standard was 4:07.00). But yes, another eight PBs in the Ostrava race including Darya Barysevich 4:04.4 and our favourite Slovenian distance runner, Marusa Mishmash, 4:06.6.

          Various Brits competing in Tuebingen, Nancy, Kuortane & the Berlin street meeting on Saturday.
          I was thinking about adding a little blurb about that very thing.... Probably should have said that in a "full" 1500m race for Reekie.

          Comment


          • #65
            wowee !!!!!! ET wins Jamaican Champs in 10.73 in legal 0.6 wind, with Shelley in less than 10.75 and Briana Williams a Jamaican record junior in 10.94. Next w/e in Eugene should be fun

            Comment


            • #66
              Nick Miller won in Kuortane and got revenge on Myhaylo Kokhan - 75.90 to 75.56, both throws coming in the final round.

              Comment


              • #67
                does anyone else see a little of Kathy Smallwood in young Amy Hunt?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
                  does anyone else see a little of Kathy Smallwood in young Amy Hunt?
                  Agreed. Shame that it looks like despite the warm sunny weather in Bedford, that the wind is blowing into the faces of the sprinters today. That's why the times haven't been particularly impressive, even though those were the heats.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    jodie williams 11.20 and harry aa 10.11 in the international match today

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/ia...t#resultheader

                      ridiculous Thiam HEP HJ WR.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Well damn.... Looks like Jeremiah Azu might be out of the U-20's. In the last 5-10 meters of the U-20 100m final and well clear of the rest, Azu pulled up with what appeared to be a left hamstring injury. He crossed the line in first place, but then soon afterward collapsed to the track, clutching at his left thigh, in obvious pain.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by hemlock View Post
                          That’s a huge jump by Thiam! The rest of her first day doesn’t seem too bad either. By the way, does anyone know of a list of the best first day scores in the heptathlon? I can’t find one anywhere

                          Comment


                          • drobbie
                            drobbie commented
                            Editing a comment
                            just look up hept in wiki, the top 25 performance will be about halfway down the page

                        • #73
                          Three further wins for Brits in Kuortane, Finland -
                          David King 13.55 SB (+1.2) & 13.69 (+0.0) - won the first race but 2nd in the second race behind Elmo Lakka
                          Nathan Douglas 16.55 SB
                          Holly Bradshaw 4.46 with 3 attempts at 4.60 (also Sophie Cook, 4:36)
                          Last edited by LuckySpikes; 22-06-19, 19:30.

                          Comment


                          • #74
                            Originally posted by philipo View Post
                            wowee !!!!!! ET wins Jamaican Champs in 10.73 in legal 0.6 wind, with Shelley in less than 10.75 and Briana Williams a Jamaican record junior in 10.94. Next w/e in Eugene should be fun
                            Am I the only person who finds ET really difficult to warm to? She always seems to be scowling, she doesnt really acknowledge the women she races and she has the personality of a 15yo at 7am in every interview I have seen... What's the deal with that?

                            Comment


                            • #75
                              Originally posted by hemlock View Post
                              4133 points so far with a decent LJ and her usual big Jav i think we may see 6900 or even a 7000 pointer.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X