Road to Tokyo 2020 tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road to Tokyo 2020 tracking

World Athletics have launched a new tool to track athletes' qualification for the OG in 2021 - https://www.worldathletics.org/stats...oad-to/7132391

What it doesn't take into consideration is federations that are choosing not to (or only partially to) honour qualification by World Rankings Position (Hello, Great Britain!) So, in some events, athletes that are on the bubble may well be "in".

They've already said: no overseas spectators allowed.

Comment

Id be surprised at how many domestic spectators they allow, current vaccine levels at less that 0.8% of population, gonna need a huge push by the summer to make it viable

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
        They've already said: no overseas spectators allowed.
        i hope any spectators or officials from outside Japan get treated with more respect and friendliness than our Brit group under the esteemed David barnett, did in 1991 at the World Champs in Tokyo; i recall the ghastly japanese "gaijin" mentality, apart from the heat and humidity. Our hotel had shoeboxes for bedrooms, the restaurants either threw you out at ten whether you finished your meals or not and lied when we came as a small group that they had no room and were fully booked.Lots of other bad manners as well.Thankfully there was some great track. Anyone is welcome to their endless bowing and so called cute culture.!!!.

Comment

Originally posted by philipo View Post

i hope any spectators or officials from outside Japan get treated with more respect and friendliness than our Brit group under the esteemed David barnett, did in 1991 at the World Champs in Tokyo; i recall the ghastly japanese "gaijin" mentality, apart from the heat and humidity. Our hotel had shoeboxes for bedrooms, the restaurants either threw you out at ten whether you finished your meals or not and lied when we came as a small group that they had no room and were fully booked.Lots of other bad manners as well.Thankfully there was some great track. Anyone is welcome to their endless bowing and so called cute culture.!!!.
          whereas the so called arrogant Germans, at every meet i have been to at OG and WC level, were unfailingly helpful, co-operative and pleasant.

Comment

Working...
          X