No announcement yet.

Götzis 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT's better from KJT! Not spectacular or over 14m, but getting a 12.95m throw in the last round manages to limit her losses somewhat.

Comment

• trickstat
      trickstat commented
      Editing a comment
      This is where Kat has progressed since 3 years or so ago. Back then you could practically guarantee that she would not pull out a decent throw in the last round after those first 2 efforts.

i anticipate 6698 or thereabouts for KJT ;1017 in the LJ; 667 in the javelein and 979 in the 800m. i dont beleive her shot will improve in any signicant way, and she looks unlikely to become a 50 metre Javelin thrower.

Comment

Consistent reliable scoring by KJT.
      Shot was her 5th best ever, only 20cm off her PB.

4034 points on the 1st day.
      On the way to her Heptathlon PB last year at the European Champs she scored 4017.

Comment

The question is how much will Kat push herself tomorrow with such a big lead overnight, she knows that a 6.50 long jump and 40m javelin will be enough. It’s been slightly disappointing as a contest with Schafer, Ikauniece and Bougard all slightly off the boil. The men’s has been excellent though, Moloney looks exceptional

Comment

Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
          The question is how much will Kat push herself tomorrow with such a big lead overnight, she knows that a 6.50 long jump and 40m javelin will be enough. It’s been slightly disappointing as a contest with Schafer, Ikauniece and Bougard all slightly off the boil. The men’s has been excellent though, Moloney looks exceptional
          Anybody who saw Maloney at last year's World Junior Champs could tell he was a special talent, and it's no surprise to me to see the confident 19 year old Aussie already translating some of that into the senior ranks. Dude looks completely unfazed by the esteemed company he's competing against.

As for KJT, I think she'll still be looking to set a respectable score tomorrow. She could still break her heptathlon PB with good performances in the long jump and javelin, so let's wait and see what she produces.
          My main disappointment was seeing Emerson have to retire hurt during the high jump... She looked on course for a 6300 - 6400+ score based on what she had done in the opening events. Let's hope it's nothing serious and that she can get fit and healthy for Doha.

Comment

6.68m for 1066 points for KJT

Comment

• Laps
              Laps commented
              Editing a comment
              The same distance as in the European Championships last year.
              As far as winning is concerned the competition is as good as over.
              Can she beat her PB?

KJT is gonna win this comfortably. A big leap of 6.68m in the long jump has given her an over 200 point lead going into the javelin. Unless she has a complete meltdown with the javelin, then I don't see any reason for Johnson-Thompson to lose this. She might even get into the 6800 point range if she gets a 41-43m javelin then runs a 2.08 - 2.09 800m

Comment

I think it’s shown Kat can be 6800+ with some average results for her. SP recovery showed her nerves issue has been worked on and she can get another 50cm there, and likely a metre by Tokyo. 200m times way down across the board (0.5 sec there) and LJ better than last year - 6.68 was into a headwind.

She may never beat Thiam (although if she did, some would just say it’s Thiam having a bad day) but she’s legitimately world number two. Look at the other girls’ results - she’s currently leading anyone not called Thiam by 300 points and has led since the high jump. In better conditions, she may well have scored much higher - and isn’t reliant on two events to do so, like she used to be.

Comment

What is going on!? That was a half-decent first JT from KJT.

...Can anyone ever win anything from rank 2? Duh. Yes. :-)

Comment

A 42.92, is showing for KJT as her second throw, if so, I believe that is a PB... well done!

I was a little concerned with her long jump, as she only achieved one legal mark, and I would reply to a previous poster that any chance of her ever getting a 7m in a Hep is looking increasingly unlikely... but if she could only improve her hurdles ...

Comment

If she’d been in the last hurdles heat, I think she would have been closer to 13.20 - slowest on paper in her heat but won - hopefully she runs some individual races and gets a better seeding time.

Now about how much she wants 6800 or to overcome Denise Lewis, as she’s comfortable here. Her indoor 800m time was quicker than she ran in Berlin, so hopefully she’s ready to at least match that, if not quicker.

Comment

2min 9sec is daunting but not impossible, if she wants that 6800.

Comment

Originally posted by CAML
                        KJT will win and probably set a pb, but has this comp shown that she can challenge Thiam, I don't think so. Her LJ continues to frustrate, she has to do to Thiam in the LJ, what Thiam does to her in the JT, i.e jump 7 metres. At the moment Kat jumps 6.60, Thiam jumps 6.50, and it's a procession for Nafi thereafter.
                        Thiams 7013 is a bit of an outlier, her 3 next best are all 68-lows. 6810 to win in Rio, 6784 to win in London and 6816 to win in Berlin. It’s fair to say Kat has narrowed the gap. Will Thiam produce a 6900 come Tokyo, who knows? But if Kats got an 100 point advantage at the end of the first day, she can go forward with belief, she knows she can produce a reasonable javelin now. Her LJ was excellent today, she got bogged down in the 6.50s for a long time

Comment

She ran it indoors - same sort of race pattern and she’s sub-2.08

I think a series of: 13.20/1.95/13.50/22.80/6.75/44.00/2.08 in Doha/Tokyo would be enough to scrape the win (a bit more and 7,000 would be even better). Is it really too hard to think she improves her throws by 30cm/1m respectively? The hurdles and long jump looked better and the 200m still has more potential, although all susepctible to wind, as she’s found out this weekend.

Will be interesting to see Thiam’s response to this.

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
                            I think it’s shown Kat can be 6800+ with some average results for her. SP recovery showed her nerves issue has been worked on and she can get another 50cm there, and likely a metre by Tokyo. 200m times way down across the board (0.5 sec there) and LJ better than last year - 6.68 was into a headwind.

She may never beat Thiam (although if she did, some would just say it’s Thiam having a bad day) but she’s legitimately world number two. Look at the other girls’ results - she’s currently leading anyone not called Thiam by 300 points and has led since the high jump. In better conditions, she may well have scored much higher - and isn’t reliant on two events to do so, like she used to be.
                            the thing about thiam is that she has only scored that 7000+ once, her three championships wins have been between 6750 ish to 6820 ish, that gotzis score seems to have been set in perfect conditions niether her, schafer and innconice (sp) have come with 100 points of their scores since, there is very little in it based on that

Comment

Working...
                            X