No announcement yet.

iaaf rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You make a good point Larkim regarding the cross pollination. I'm not entirely convinced, but it is a positive way of looking at it. Certainly I hadn't considered that it might have the effect of encouring more runners into cross country, but my fears about decent non Diamond League events remains, & the sport should be building these events up

Comment

I'm ever the optimist! The points on offer for winning the world cross are equivalent to running a 10000m in world record time I think, so for one good XC runner that will be a big haul of points. Having said that, I think the real issue for all events won't be at the top end of the qualifications, it will be about the bottom end, where finishing inside the top 10 in the World Cross probably won't be quite as good "VFM" as getting into a decent quality field race on the track and having a strong run.

Comment

Have they declared the particulars? Not seen that yet, must go off and google...

http://historicarmouries.com.au/
        Last edited by Henry; 31-12-18, 11:38.

Comment

We'll have to wait and see what the impact is. As I've posted in a comment above, the real impact will be if athletes fail to qualify for Tokyo in the marathon because they turned up in Doha, and screwed up their autumn chances of a big points / rankings scoring performance. Won't be an issue for those right at the top, but if you're figting to be in the top group that might get an invitation, a slow run at Doha could cost you dearly.

Comment

Working...
          X