Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marra
    replied
    So Muir, Reekie, McColgan, Kerr, Weightman and Butchart all selected for Scotland today. Obviously early days so no breakdown of what events. I guess Kerr at 1500m and Butchart at 5000m are the only surefire ones. The other 4 could decide closer to the time which to focus on.

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    replied
    The order they are is probably the most helpful it could be - first priority worlds, second home commonwealths, and then if you've got anything left you can try the euros!

Leave a comment:

• Laps
    commented on 's reply
    Inevitable

• treadwater1
    replied
    Jodie Williams, Jaz Sawyers, Daryl Neita and DAS have all said in the past few weeks they plan to triple up next year, which is encouraging

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    What would be annoying would be if some athletes were deprived of an opportunity to compete for their country because a better athlete took all three spots and then dropped out too late for a replacement.

• Ladyloz
    replied
    Athletes who I have seen commenting on this have indicated they plan to do all three.

I think in the end Europeans might suffer the most simply because they're last - I envisage a number of injury/fatigue withdrawals.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    The middle and especially longer distances may suffer in terms of some athletes not competing in CG. However CG Federation and CG organizers have made efforts to give max time between WC and CG. The athletics in Birmingham commences on August 2 and the schedule has tried to attract the best where possible by scheduling. Of course there will be gaps in some events quality and early heats but the euros wont have asians,Africans and yanks but there are other sports in Munich such as cycling etc. The standard in CG will still be pretty good if conditions are reasonable. I bet we dont get the rubberized track we had at Tokyo.I note that swimming WC is in May so at least they will have recovered by the CG.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Laura Muir definitely doing Commonwealths: Laura Muir: Olympic silver medallist sets sights on Birmingham 2022 medal for Scotland - BBC Sport

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    replied
    Bump to get in front of the ludicrous amount of spam.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by drobbie View Post

realisticly its 8 races over a month
    If you are doing 100-800m on the flat it might be 9 races. It isn't just that but it's 9 races where the impact of a poor run is magnified compared with a routine race on 'the circuit' and arguably 6 or 7 races where you'll be wanting to produce a truly world-class performance to progress or place in a position that you are happy with. That's before you consider the travel and the fact that the Worlds are 8 hours ahead of the Commonwealths and 9 ahead of the Euros.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    They’ve been together for a few years now - probably nice for them to spend a bit more time together!

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Adam Gemili says will be difficult to commit to even 2 of the 3 and implies Commonwealths might be his focus as a home games: https://www.metro.news/adam-gemili-i...m-run/1980903/

(Also notes Andy Pozzi and KJT are isolating together for a bit of gossip).

Leave a comment:

• drobbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    But rounds for each champs - I think it's a big ask, and UK has history limiting athletes.
    realisticly its 8 races over a month

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    But rounds for each champs - I think it's a big ask, and UK has history limiting athletes.

Leave a comment:

• drobbie
    replied
    once again i dont see why they cant do them all, theres roughly a week between them for rest and the big ones first, obviously it would be difficult for the multi eventers but they could still do 2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X