No announcement yet.

Spam - AW why can't you sort this out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam - AW why can't you sort this out?

SPAM is taking over the site again. Why can't your technical people sort this out? I have never seen a site which does so little to block SPAM. It puts many of us off posting and when we flag up entries as SPAM they don't get removed. Please sort it out.

AW please can you employ somebody in your technical team who can carry out the simple task of putting in anti-spam software? It really isn't that difficult and would enhance the experience of being on your site 100%.

Comment

It's comforting that we have the consistent spam to keep this site going....

Comment

When I logged on there were 36 pages of spam which is beyond ridiculous - please do something about it.

Comment

AW - 38 pages of spam!!!!!

I can see that working from home has helped the spammers of this world - how ironic that I mention one word of genuine athletic vernacular and my message requires 'authorisation' and yet 38 pages can freely be posted.

I know these are unprecedented times and I hope the AW team are safe and well, but this forum will fade into oblivion ...

Comment

Bump to get in front of the ludicrous amount of spam. Ironically!

Comment

One suggestion: make it so the first five posts by a new poster have to be physically approved by a moderator before appearing onsite. That way any user would have to make several real sensible posts to get access which would weed out most of the rubbish.

Comment

Stew Coach pointed out that there are some readily avaibale 'built in' functions that AW could turn on, but his posting, along with a couple of mine, have of course been deleted, along with the all the spam...

Comment

Bump above yet more spam!

Comment

AW

17 pages of SPAM ... I will repeat my reference from Pink Floyd (that got deleted) IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE ...

Comment

Thank you for continuing to visit our forum. We are sorry for the incredibly high volume of spam posts and the frustration this is causing. We hope all our forum users are keeping safe and well at this time.

Currently, with AW magazine printing suspended, we have a significantly reduced team but are working to try and resolve the spam issue.

We appreciate the suggestions our forum users have made and have been implementing changes, but have experienced much higher than usual levels of spam over the past week.

We hope to have this resolved soon and thank you for your patience during this time.

AW

Comment

I have been a highly vocal critic of the level of spam - but whatever new approach you have taken, it seems to be working ... well done do far.

Comment

Working...
                        X