No announcement yet.

British athletics indoor championships 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PB of 17.97 for Amelia Strickler to take the lead in the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
      its there a startlist for this online, had my usual hunt around the website earlier on and i am now absolutely raging as sual
      It's not, as you suggest, anything to do with ineptitude on your part.

British Athletics are just dreadful at doing this stuff. It's like pulling teeth looking for elite startlists for the London Marathon & Great Run events as well.

Other national federations have it all figured out so I don't why we're so shoddy/half-baked with it in this country.
      Last edited by LuckySpikes; 23-02-20, 13:03.

Comment

Wouldn't it be better (and more appropriate) to show the British indoor record on the on-screen graphics instead of the World Record?

Comment

• trickstat
          trickstat commented
          Editing a comment
          100% agree. The only effect of having the WR on there is to make a quite useful performance look very second-rate.

First look at new British sprint hope Andrew Morgan-Harrison.... and he looks very good! He had an electric start and was well clear of the field even before he was half way round the bend.

Comment

Morgan Lake only manages 1.84, I'm not sure her new setup is working.

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
            Morgan Lake only manages 1.84, I'm not sure her new setup is working.
            It was a dissapointing women's high jump final overall. with no one going over 1.90 and none of the 3 women who have achieved that height this indoor season looking anywhere close to getting that height either.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
              Occasional Hope commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, it was one of the events I was most looking forward to, but a bit of a damp squib. Well done to Partridge for the win.

Why are they bothering with flags when it's a national competition?

Comment

• LuckySpikes
              LuckySpikes commented
              Editing a comment
              Can't miss an opportunity to get that #REPRESENT message out there!

British record for Bosworth.

Comment

Only two competitors in the women's walk?

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                Only two competitors in the women's walk?
                Our best 3 (Bridge, Lewis & Davies) were all missing. Compare with Spain and Italy who have large numbers competing in RW, even at regional championships level.

Comment

Hague a class apart in the pv.

Comment

The ladies are leaving scorch marks on the track in the 3000m ... NOT!

3:40 for the first 1000 !!! ... 11 minute pace!

Millie Courtney wins in 9:48. Phew, imagine the embarrassment if they hadn't broken 10 mins!
                    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 23-02-20, 15:33.

Comment

• trickstat
                      trickstat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Makes the 8:07 in the men's race look almost fast! I don't expect people to attempt to set a record from the gun in every race but I think there is almost like a 'decency threshold' below which the pace really shouldn't drop. I think there was an Inter-Counties men's 800 a few years back that featured a number of guys who had run about 1:47 where they ran the first lap in something like 63.

Carnage in the 800.

Comment

Good Men's 800. Learmonth did well to recover and win it after the incident with 150 to go.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                        Editing a comment
                        With a pb to boot

• LuckySpikes
                        LuckySpikes commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, that incident might have cost him half a second so it could auger well for him being a consistent 1:44 performer outdoors?

Not holding my breath though given GB history in the 800 over the last 25 years.

• Occasional Hope
                        Editing a comment
                        PB for Copeland as well, which is encouraging.

Not enormous distances (but lots of seasons bests, no one had been over 16 this year) and quite a nice competitive tj comp.

Comment

Working...
                      X