British athletics indoor championships 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British athletics indoor championships 2020

Just had a quick look at the timetable and acceptance lists for this weekend's event ... I don't know if it is my ageing eyes, but currently there is no 400m W showing on the 'draft timetable' ... an admin oversight surely? Edited, as it appears to have been added now...
    Last edited by carterhatch; 17-02-20, 14:07.

is this on red button, can only find mention of it for 2 and a half hours on saturday

Comment

Needs further revision as apparently no 400m W Semi (Heats at Semi Time)(i.e. Straight Semi)

Comment

Originally posted by Stew-Coach View Post
        Needs further revision as apparently no 400m W Semi (Heats at Semi Time)(i.e. Straight Semi)
        Doesn't it mean there aren't enough athletes to need semis? Heat to final

Comment

It is unfortunate the Champs clashes with the age group champs as many of the leading u20s have opted for Sheffield and numbers are lower in Glasgow than they might otherwise have been.

It's a double whammy with athletes also withdrawing after cancellation of worlds.

The fields in some track events are disappointing. Ama Pipi -200m and Jessie Knight - 400m both look like certainties for the respective titles. The women's shot, triple jump, high jump, 800m and long jump should be great though and the men's 60m. Haven't had a comprehensive look at the men's so there may be other very strong events but women's track overall not looking great because of who's missing. Hope I am absolutely proven wrong.
          Last edited by LoveSprints1; 18-02-20, 20:25.

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
            is this on red button, can only find mention of it for 2 and a half hours on saturday
            The whole thing will be on the BBC Sport app & BBC website. Times at https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/51435617

I thought the BBC Sport app was closing down at the end of January? Did anyone else get a message to that effect when using it last month? It's still working though.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

The whole thing will be on the BBC Sport app & BBC website. Times at https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/51435617

I thought the BBC Sport app was closing down at the end of January? Did anyone else get a message to that effect when using it last month? It's still working though.
              The app was never closing. Some Red Button functionality was due to go now I think that's been paused.

Comment

• LuckySpikes
                LuckySpikes commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmm, strange. When opening the app I was getting a message that it was closing on 31st Jan and that all its live stuff would be available on the iPlayer instead. Maybe it's just been delayed as well?

It is disappointing to find that not many of top stars competing

Comment

The cancellation of the worlds probably.

Comment

4.50 pb for Sophie Cook, well done.

Comment

its there a startlist for this online, had my usual hunt around the website earlier on and i am now absolutely raging as sual

Comment

Links here: https://www.uka.org.uk/results/20200...metable/index/

Comment

• drobbie
                        drobbie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        cheers, every bloody time i am hunting for this, a combination of my own ineptitude and their crap website

• trickstat
                        trickstat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's often worth trying the results page on Power of 10 and seeing if there's a link from there to the relevant page.

Nice finish by Piers Copeland nipping past Learmonth there.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                        MysteryBrick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Copeland is a talent. Given his 3:38 indoors and the way he ran that race, I can see him having a very good summer.

Marcia Sey a name to watch for the future?

Amy Hunt wins the 60m title.

Comment

Liking the coverage of this event on the BBC website for a change. Jenny Meadows is a good commentator and knows more than just the middle distances.

Comment

Working...
                        X