2020 Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
    Can you *imagine* where he'd be right now if he'd stuck with athletics post-2012 Olympics?!?
    Too right I can, especially after a few glasses of red......quite possibly multiple global champion and world record holder. His potential was that high and if he now properly concentrates on athletics those levels still aren’t beyond the bounds of possibility.

Comment

• Alastair Chalmers ran a pb of 49.87 in Guernsey yesterday.

Comment

• Selina Buchel is set to join Our Laura & Jemma Reekie on the start line of the 800 in Trieste (ITA) this Saturday.

Remember, this meeting is also due to feature the return to European competition of a certain Mr van Niekerk, entered in both the 100 & 400.

KJT is entered in the 100H with BF Andy in the men's equivalent.
        Last edited by LuckySpikes; 27-07-20, 22:12.

Comment

• Stew-Coach
          Stew-Coach commented
          Editing a comment
          Andy P must hate that hahahaha

• T20 athletics....6,235 is pretty impressive for a one hour heptathlon. Love the concept!

https://www.european-athletics.org/n...ten/index.html

Comment

• 80.70 WL by Rudy Winkler in mHT.

Comment

• I bet Dasher gets a surprise reading this on the WA site! ...

"Other recent announcements include Switzerland's Mujinga Kambundji, the 2019 world 200m champion, who'll be contesting that event ..."

Comment

• At the start of the year I'd never have imagined I would be saying that a race at the little international meeting in Trieste, Italy will be the the most loaded field of the summer so far! But that's what tomorrow's Women's 800 is.

There's 6 sub-2:00 women due to toe the startline, 4 of them sub-1:58.5, namely Our Laura, Jemma Reekie, Lamote, Buchel, Hynne & Hering.
              However, if Laura & Jemma are sharp, none of the others have demonstrated enough form this year to really threaten them.

This meeting also marks Wayde van Niekerk's first European competition for 3 years. He's due to compete in the 100 and 400.

If you want to watch the live stream, you know where to click.

Comment

• Stew-Coach
                Stew-Coach commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that's an 800 I actually want to watch!!!

• Occasional Hope
                Occasional Hope commented
                Editing a comment
                Your latest update isn't there, Lucky! The latest is up to the 29th.

• Last years F400m No1 opened up last night with 52.69
              Others of note in the race of course being Lina 54.6 and Holly Mills 55.5

This weekend of course, domestically will see some good races at Nuneaton and also at Lee Valley (Ill be honest this one confuses me as the entries list is massive!!!). But plenty of UKs top runners (top 10s etc) looking to start spinning their wheels.

Will Jess Knight, stay UK no.1? as Lavia is yet to fire (with more races planned pre champs, no doubt she will be right on cue with the fast times)
              also noting that Jodie W has accepted the 400m invite to the champs, I wonder if/when she will open up.

Comment

• I’m interested to see what form Reekie is in, she looked superb indoors and would have had a chance of a medal had world indoors gone ahead. A good line-up and no doubt a pace maker will take them through fairly quickly. How would Muir feel loosing to her training partner twice in a row?

Comment

• van Niekerk won't compete in Trieste tomorrow - he's tested positive for coronavirus!

Occasional Hope - the latest post & document with streaming links is back. I made one too many edits, it got unapproved, and then I had to wait a while before I was able to repost the info. This goddamn forum software ... drives me nuts!

Comment

• Grassmarket
                  Grassmarket commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Conflicting reports on this one - others are saying it was a different saffer who was positive & WvN is isolated & will have another test today.

• LuckySpikes
                  LuckySpikes commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmm, WvN is on the startlist (as opposed to the entry list), so maybe you're right and he's passed the test.

Jake Wightman is in the 400m 'B' race!

• Occasional Hope
                  Occasional Hope commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wightman DNS.

• Josh Kerr ran 3.34 in the US yesterday. It would be an Olympic qualifier if they were counting this year's results.

Comment

• jjimbojames
                  jjimbojames commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He’s really coming along nicely. Reports suggested it was a comfortable win - more in the tank

• Ladyloz
                  Ladyloz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Josh has the Olympic qualifier from last year anyway.

• Bit of a ‘meh’ run by KJT - never got going. 13.72
                800m - went through in 59.9, Laura pushed with 300m to go, Jemma sat with her and went past with 120m left. Winning time 1.59.52 with Laura closing all the way to the line but couldn’t quite get there - 1.59.54

Comment

• drobbie
                  drobbie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  decent opener for the pair of them, if reekie can replicate her indoor times outdoors an olympic medal is there for the taking, its a far weaker event than the 1500 at the moment

• LuckySpikes
                  LuckySpikes commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The difference in technique/efficiency between KJT and Bogliolo & di Lazzaro was like a gaping chasm!

• Excellent 800m. On the one-day circuit outside of the DL it's rare to have 2 athletes going sub-2:00 in the one race, so to have 4 do it tonight was great. The first time Selina Buchel has run sub-2:00 since 2017.

Comment

• Irene Siragusa was really sleeping in the blocks there!

Comment

• Glad that Anita Horvat (SLO) won the 400. She's one of those athletes who races a ton ... perhaps to her detriment sometimes, but I love athletes who just get out there and race.
                    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 01-08-20, 19:08.

Comment

Working...
                    X