2020 Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Fabulous runs by Gidey & Cheptegei no doubt. However, I think the big advantage of following the lights is that it's much less mentally demanding than any other method you might use to track your pace.

Sad to see Kenny B wiped off the WR books. But, he's still the distance GOAT for me and Cheptegei will have to go some to match the range of his achievements.
    what proof do we have of bekele's being properly tested for chemical infractions frequently; i would not know, but am not a little sceptical that he was given the detailed attention of todays athletes. We can but wait and see what the Ugandan achieves. How often did testers visit Ethiopia? It would be interesting to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by philipo View Post

what proof do we have of bekele's being properly tested for chemical infractions frequently; i would not know, but am not a little sceptical that he was given the detailed attention of todays athletes. We can but wait and see what the Ugandan achieves. How often did testers visit Ethiopia? It would be interesting to find out.
      Couldn't the same questions be asked of Cheptegei? We don't know much about testing in Uganda either. I'm not insinuating he's doping, but just sayin' ...

Is there any evidence that today's top athletes are tested more often Out Of Competition than those 10-15 years ago? I think you're just guessing there, philipo.
      Last edited by LuckySpikes; 08-10-20, 22:58.

Comment

• Well, this is a bit disappointing. Some people are just cursed.

Callum Hawkins will miss next Saturday's World Half Marathon Championships with an ankle injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/54483536

Comment

• Just horrible conditions in Hengelo, cold & pouring rain so no WRs. Sifan Hassan In the 10,000m still manages a great 29:36.67, 4th fastest on the all time list and comfortably beats Paula Radcliffe’s ER of 30:01.09. She goes to Poland for the World Half Marathon next week.

Comment

• am i the only aw forum contributor having the usual trouble with my attempt to access the new AW Clubhouse; appalling in every respect so far.

Comment

• AW admin
              AW admin commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi philipo, thanks for your feedback. If you'd like to email [email protected] with your subscription details we can investigate further and make sure you can gain access. Many thanks.

• On World Record pace in the early racing in the Women’s World Half Marathon in Gdynia. Kenya v Ethiopia v Kenyan/Ethiopian Expats.

Horrible fall, race favourites Jepkoskei & Yeshenah take each other out!

Jepchichir wins & a WR (Women’s only)
            Last edited by Grassmarket; 17-10-20, 11:09.

Comment

• Cheptegei can’t quite make it the perfect year, his team-mate Joshua Kiplimo gets the men’s gold.

Comment

• Great run from Jake Smith in 18th, 60:31 to go 3rd on the UK all-time list.

Kiplimo absolute class, him vs Cheptegei on the track is going to be a good bust up next year.

Comment

• Impressive from Jake Smith, that's almost a 2 minute PB and he's still an U23.

Comment

• What an amazing run from Jacob Kiplimo, I've just seen Jon Mulkeen's tweet too:

"In Jan 2006, aged 32, Haile Gebrselassie became the first man to break 7:30 for 3k, 13:00 for 5k and 59:00 for HM, beating those barriers in a span of 23 months. Jacob Kiplimo, aged 19, has become the second man to break all those barriers, doing so within a span of 39 days"

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveSprints1 View Post
                      What an amazing run from Jacob Kiplimo, I've just seen Jon Mulkeen's tweet too:

"In Jan 2006, aged 32, Haile Gebrselassie became the first man to break 7:30 for 3k, 13:00 for 5k and 59:00 for HM, beating those barriers in a span of 23 months. Jacob Kiplimo, aged 19, has become the second man to break all those barriers, doing so within a span of 39 days"
                      i loved to see young Kiplimo getting his just reward for a great season.Keptegei tried a bridge too far and did not care that much after a great season.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                        MysteryBrick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, I did think Cheptegei did not look that bothered when he got dropped. I imagine he will run an utterly disgusting HM at some point in the not too distant future...

• Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                      Impressive from Jake Smith, that's almost a 2 minute PB and he's still an U23.
                      A question for the real experts here; which English born athletes have run a Half quicker than Smith. Bound to be someone but i cannot recall.

Comment

• None. The men higher on the UK all time list are Mo Farah and Callum Hawkins.

Comment

• Good races at the World Half.

It was the deepest women's half marathon in history, despite 3 of the contenders falling - 6 women under 66 mins and 9 under 67.

The big surprise was the unheralded German (by way of Ethiopia), Melat Kejeta, taking the silver behind Peres Jepchirchir's very composed win.

Nice run for Fabienne Schlumpf - the first non-African born athlete in 13th with a NR 68:38. That bodes well for her transition to the marathon.

Also worthy of mention, a fabulous race for Argentina's Florencia Borelli in 22nd taking 2 mins 40s off her PB to clock a NR 70:30.

So, Joshua Cheptegei is mortal after all! Fabulous race by Jacob Kiplimo though, never looking troubled.

Great effort by Jake Smith. One to keep an eye on.

Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post

Horrible fall, race favourites Jepkoskei & Yeshenah take each other out!
                          You mean Jepkosgei took Yeshaneh out - Yeshaneh was just minding her own business! It was a big shame as it would have been interesting to see if the new (mixed) WR-holder could have backed it up by winning today.

Comment

Working...
                          X