No announcement yet.

2020 Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m told all the men’s top 3 got QTs, all the more gutting for Wilko. Especially since it was one of those days where the judging was.....shall we say....liberal. 😜
    Last edited by Grassmarket; 18-09-20, 18:45.

Comment

• LuckySpikes
      LuckySpikes commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, the perils of relying on the on-screen clock (did they start it late? I haven't checked) ...

https://www.worldathletics.org/news/...nad-labem-half

So, in the men's only Karlstrom beat the Olympic QT, the Ukrainians didn't after all and Wilkinson was 21 seconds over it.

In the women's my calculations were more accurate, the times I gave only being a couple of seconds out.

• Ha ha ha, happens every few years - McSweyn of Oz is the only athlete to go with the pacemakers - will bet money the others thought he was also a pacemaker - gets 50m lead and holds on. Big NR.

Kipyegon gives everyone else a big slapping in the 800, PB for Adele Tracey in 3rd, made up lots of places on the straight.

Elaine Thompson another big win, Amy Hunt a bit overwhelmed.

Elliot Giles brave enough to go with Rotich in the 800m, gets rewarded with a PB

East Africans show us what we have been missing, lreally dominate women’s 3000m, PBs & SBs all the way down, Obiri WL. SBs for Weightman & McColgan.

We leave before the PV finishes!
    Last edited by Grassmarket; 25-09-20, 18:40.

Comment

• Excellent Australian record run from McSweyn ! He's in terrific form ...simply ran away from the field . Holds the Aussie record at 10000 as well so he is a versatile chap...

Comment

• Really enjoyed those mid-distance races. The W 3000 is always top-notch at Doha.

A statistician's nightmare again in the Women's LJ as they persisted with the "Final 3" format, despite grumblings from the athletes last time.

The track season isn't quite over with the WACT Gold meeting in Nairobi on 3rd October and some Japanese meetings scheduled for October to December.

Comment

• Saturday's Kip Keino Classic in Nairobi looks very good - entry lists at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BhR...n8omtZoew/view

As with all the WACT Gold meetings this year it should be live on YouTube.

Comment

• Dammit! Bekele has withdrawn injured from Sunday's London Marathon.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
              Saturday's Kip Keino Classic in Nairobi looks very good - entry lists at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BhR...n8omtZoew/view

As with all the WACT Gold meetings this year it should be live on YouTube.
              Hope there’s some kind of crowd for this - Kenyan fans always loud & enthusiastic, except when the Ethiopians win.

Comment

• Fabulous run by the American Sara Hall in the London Marathon.

Sad to see Steph Twell and Lily Partridge both dropping out. Well done to Natasha Cockram for becoming British champion, and Naomi Mitchell for a pb.

Comment

• Even if relegated to BBC2 when the men got BBC1! Is this not discriminatory?

Comment

• Exciting finish in the men's race too. Kipchoge found wanting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                      Even if relegated to BBC2 when the men got BBC1! Is this not discriminatory?
                      tommy rot ,of course; there is no difference between bbc1 and 2 just the pres of a button; i am assuming your not serious .This difference on channel coverage will no doubt be mentioned by the social media nutters.

Comment

• Not at all. It is well known that BBC1 is regarded as more prestigious and they put the things they expect to get higher viewership there.

Comment

• They are sending the message that they think the women's event is less important than the men's.

Comment

• I think VLM sent that message already with the 7:15am start time for the women and the 10:15 start for the men's race. Scheduling across BBC1 / BBC2 is irrelevant - do you apply the same logic when the Olympics are on?

Pretty poor showing by the best of the British women yesterday I thought. Credit to those who finished and kudos to the winner, but pretty uninspiring really. Though the men did themselves proud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                              Not at all. It is well known that BBC1 is regarded as more prestigious and they put the things they expect to get higher viewership there.
                              Yeah, but there are certain Sunday morning fixed points on BBC1 that the BBC don’t want to move.

Comment

Working...
                              X