No announcement yet.

2020 Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant as Vetter was he wasn’t even the closer male thrower to a WR at that meet :-). That was Crouser who was just 42cm short in the shot with 22.70.

I am convinced Crouser will take Barnes record at some point. Not sure whether Vetter had his day of days yesterday or if there’s more to come, however the stadium is enclosed and apparently Vetter said afterwards that he reckoned the throw would have been worth 100m+ in an open stadium. Jena where the spear god set the WR is open.

Wonder what Vetter might have done with the old spec. He looks a lot more dynamic than Hohn.

Comment

• I'm dubbing tomorrow "Terrific Tuesday"! Find out why at https://forum.athleticsweekly.com/fo...5185#post25185

Comment

• Holly Bradshaw chalks up another win on the circuit: Osrava today.

Comment

• National Best for Jessie Knight in the 300m hurdles at Ostrava, 39.35. Good run behind Bol and ahead of Sprunger and Hejnova.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
            Occasional Hope commented
            Editing a comment
            Why did they have a 300 rather than 400?

• Muir very dominant in the 800 at Ostrava. 1.58.

Comment

• Grassmarket
            Grassmarket commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe just,to give national hero Hejnova a run, haven’r seen her much this year.

• Wightman wins too in 1.44.18 pb.. That was an enormous field for an 800.

Comment

• That’s a great run from Jake Wightman, another PB in strong company.

Comment

• Wightman’s starting to put together an impressive body of work.

Comment

• Laura Weightman ahead of Jemma Reekie in the 1500, although both behind an impressive looking Faith Kipyegon.

Comment

• Over in Dessau a WL 7.03 for Mihambo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                    Laura Weightman ahead of Jemma Reekie in the 1500, although both behind an impressive looking Faith Kipyegon.
                    i think that Reekie has now run out of steam after a fair number of competitions in a relatively short time. Should rest before coming into winter training for the OG in 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by philipo View Post

i think that Reekie has now run out of steam after a fair number of competitions in a relatively short time. Should rest before coming into winter training for the OG in 2021.
                      Definitely possible. She should be proud of the season and accept that 800m is her best bet for next year.

Comment

• Great race by Jake Wightman. I wonder what Daniel Rowden would have done in that race?

It's possible that Jemma Reekie has run out of steam though I don't think she's "got there" yet in the 1500 anyway.

Over in Rovereto, Hedda Hynne (NOR) improved her NR to 1:59.15. Upon watching the race with no on-screen clock (on the Italian Federation's video) I initially thought that Keely Hodgkinson was having a bad day since she was right at the back at the bell, about 20m off Hynne. But, then when I "timed" it using the YouTube clock it turns out that she must have gone through the bell in about 60s (1:15 at 500) and Hynne had gone through in 57s! Anyway, Hodgkinson finished quite fast in 5th for a marginal outdoor PB, 2:01.73. Good PBs in 2nd & 3rd for Lore Hoffmann (SUI) 2:00.51 & Nadia Power (IRL) 2:01.01.

In other news, this year's European Cross Country Championships (Dublin) have been cancelled.
                        Last edited by LuckySpikes; 09-09-20, 14:38.

Comment

• See that Warholm has signed up for Berlin on Sunday - obviously giving the WR one more try!

https://worldathletics.org/competiti...-warholm-stahl

Comment

• 4 British victors in Poznań:

55.89 season opener for Jessica Turner (Lina Nielsen 3rd in 57.30)
                            Kristal Awuah 11.44 & 11.37
                            Alex Bell 2:01.60 - again beating Cichocka (2:01.64). Adelle Tracey 3rd in 2:01.71.
                            Piers Copeland 3:37.51 taking the scalps of Lewandowski (3rd) & Sasinek (2nd) though it has to be said that Lewandowski ran an odd race, sitting way off a not particularly hot pace. George Mills 5th in 3:38.06.
                            Last edited by LuckySpikes; 11-09-20, 18:49.

Comment

Working...
                            X