Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philipo
    replied
    The highlight of the meet was the subtitles attempting to match the commentary.... loved semen petersson, the swedish discus guy and good jewish , the Lithuanian discus guy.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Oh, dear, Pozzi back to his bad old self, trail of matchwood I’m afraid. Ortega just shades Holloway 13:21 ftw.

Adam Gemili 3rd in the 200m, 20.56 SB. Noah Lyles gets the double-up.
    Last edited by Grassmarket; 19-08-20, 18:06.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    The meeting was finished with a very good Women's 100H. Nadine Visser the winner in 12.66 and 2nd and 3rd , Luminosa Bogliolo (ITA) 12.79 & Luca Kozak (HUN) 12.83 PB, are gradually closing in on their respective NRs which are both 12.76 (Veronica Borsi & Xenia Siska).
    Boom! One down, one to go.
    Kozak ran 12.71 (-0.2) behind Visser 12.68 in Hungary today.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Dai Greene first Brit up in Hungary....not a stellar 400m H field at all.

4th, 51:06

Abi Irozoru 6.46 in the LJ, has been competing a fair bit, but in that sort of form all summer.

Lavial Nielsn next up in the 400m flat....52:24 SB, finishing fast though. Jessie Knight 52.52 PB in 5th.

Adam Gemili in the 100m....2nd to Noah Lyles, 10:28 SB.

Larry Okoye 62.53, 7th in a strong discus.
    Last edited by Grassmarket; 19-08-20, 17:04.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Who's the Odd One Out at the press conference for tomorrow's meeting in Bydgoszcz?

Click image for larger version

Name:	118158859_3309242712432596_1229341850166687000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=bHA_1hEVSX0AX_nK9il&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-2.fna&oh=035f9ad926d91cd0b946690e1af4038e&oe=5F5FAFFF.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	24710

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Entry lists are out for the Stockholm DL on Sunday - https://stockholm.diamondleague.com/...lts-stockholm/

With a VPN/Hola we will be able to watch the first hour of the meeting (up to 4pm local time) on Swedish TV, and then the rest on the BBC/YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• alfie
    commented on 's reply
    Can't see that is impossible for Gemili to step up from that cursed 4th spot. No one is suggesting it would be easy ; but writing off his chances seems to me rather extreme pessimism.
    Heaven knows what Tokyo will be like next year , and who will be "ready" - if it even goes ahead. Predictions one way or the other seem to me more than usually all about guesswork...

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Good win for Alex Bell in Szczecin in 2:00:28, comprehensively overturning her 1000m defeat to Angelika Cichocka in Sopot on Thursday. Bell was approx 58.6 at the (ahem) bell. Cichocka just 4th in 2:01.98. Adelle Tracey 2nd in 2:00.99. Italy's Elena Bello' 3rd in a 0.9s PB, 2:01.34.

Also at this meeting Jessie Knight won the 400H in 55.45 from Joanna Linkiewicz, 56.16. Lina Nielsen 4th in 58.01.

Lisek vaulted 5.90 SB.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by MysteryBrick View Post

You realise Gemili finished 4th in the Worlds 10 months ago? I would say that would qualify him has having Global medal potential, and given that was his most recent 200 race before Friday it doesn't feel like 'some way back.

I would take results this year with a pinch of salt. Some people have had seriously compromised training, some have been fine.
    Adam, the eternal fourth, has missed the boat for me as a global 200m medallist. There are a number of guys in the 200m who will be challenging for next years OG..Guliyev, Quinonez,De Grasse and the Americans.
    The most fascinating thoughts about the sprints for next year, in my view, are whether the male Jamaican sprinters will be anywhere at all. How things change.!!
    Last edited by philipo; 16-08-20, 17:45.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Good win for Imani Lansiquot in Leverkusen, 11.16 (+0.1), beating Haase, Pinto & Samuel.

At the same meeting:
    CJ Ujah pulled up lame
    Kendricks 5.81 SB, Lita Baehre 5.81 (PB by 6cm), Holzdeppe 5.76 SB
    Tamberi 2.29
    Visser 12.85 (+0.5)
    Vetter 84.30

Leave a comment:

• gghurdler
    commented on 's reply
    A good day all round, Scott Lincoln has produced a new PB also. Well done to Dobson, given the strength at men’s 200 domestically it’s a savvy move to have a second event on the back burner

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    He's down to run the 200 at the British Champs.

I wonder if he's looking at moving up to 400 properly? As you say, he's never raced the distance before.

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    Ian Hodge is a very welcome go to reference for updates on Team GB athletes,... if you are out there reading this, cheers mate! Blimey.. if that is Dobson's first effort, then he should be appluaded, and, given the paucity of this event in, British terms, he might well consoider running that at the Champs. According to Ian Hodge some very positive shot put news, but I will leave that to Ursus to share

• Christy93
    replied
    Charlie Dobson ran 45.84 in his first ever 400, according to Ian Hodge on Twitter. He ran 6.64 over the 60 this winter too, so eyes on a potentially swift 200 soon (trials?).
    Last edited by Christy93; 16-08-20, 14:15.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    And some (eg DAS) are obviously writing this year off altogether.

Hopefully everyone is able to get back to their best next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X