harry coppell - pole vault
    reekie, muir - 800
    reekie - 1500

also impressed with the womens high jump - three women over 190

Comment

• MysteryBrick
      MysteryBrick commented
      Editing a comment
      Are the Olympic standards not valid from 1st May 2019? So we there are quite a few more (although those are the 5 who have qualified this year).

• Ladyloz
      Ladyloz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Mysterybrick. 1st May 2019 was when the standards kicked in. We are up to 44 now I believe (and some of that number are qualified in more than 1 event).

• drobbie
      drobbie commented
      Editing a comment
      ah right, not been paying attention, thats a reasonable amount so far

In the women' HJ, Nikki Manson added another cm to get a new 1.93 pb at Hustopece, with Morgan Lake starting her comeback at 1.90.

Comment

• carterhatch
      carterhatch commented
      Editing a comment
      who would have thought there would be three GB women having jumped 1.90 plus, in a very short time, and not one of them is KJT ,,,

I just took this from AW twitter .... Cheyanne Evans-Gray beats Aleesha Rees to win the BUCS 60m gold in 7.28. ... the BUCS twitter, and you can call me a Luddite, only had the winners twitter 'name' and I couldn't work out who it was - how long before children are given names already beginning with '@' ,,,,

anyway... a big PB

Comment

A couple of eye catchers:

Charlie Dobson 6.64 at BUCS. Great sign for his 200 this summer.

Amber Anning 52.22 over in the States. Just 0.01s behind Jessie Knight's British Leading time. We'll see how Anning comes off a long collegiate season, but the W4x4 is looking full of potential again.

Does anybody have an info on Eugene Amo-Dadzie? Looks to have come back to the sport in 2018 after a 13yr break and recently brought his 60m PB down from 6.86 to 6 63. Compact, explosive looking sprinter.

Comment

amber anning 52.22

https://twitter.com/LSUTrackField/st...94273223544832

Comment

Great to see the race. Amber looks very well conditioned and comfortable there

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
            (Crosses fingers and toes and prays that Anning stays healthy and fit throughout the majority of her career... With PSD's retirement this week, we saw what can happen to a seriously naturally talented athlete when injury strikes at just the wrong time.)

That run from Amber was something else! She kinda reminds me of a female version of Max Burgin, she just runs and runs and *runs*, and though her cadence dosen't look particularly fast, you notice how fast she shifting when you see the clock as she crosses the line.

Comment

• carterhatch
              carterhatch commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, and yes, I watched that clip several times and it struck me how relaxed and measured Ms. Anning appeared and most telling, hardly blowing after the finish. It makes you wonder what an outdoor, eyeballs out, highly competitive race might draw out. Her emergence certainly couldn't be better timed with the retirement of PSD ... Indeed, what could have been, a new media career no doubt beckons with a round of celebrity this and that to begin with and good luck to her. For a very brief window I believe PSD was the best 400 flat indoor runner in the world...

Spike debate aside, Jemma Reekie has an absolutely brutal sprint on her. Acceleration down the back was incredible.

Comment

• hemlock
              hemlock commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. Every middle distance runner in the world, seeing Reekie's last 100, just had to revise their race strategies.

Can she do it on a rainy night in Stoke though? (By which I mean, can she do it in a final after two fierce rounds?)

Excellent pb from Jessie Knight too.

Comment

• carterhatch
              carterhatch commented
              Editing a comment
              storming run by Jessie Knight ... whats that worth outdoors? What does that mean for her hurdles?
              Last edited by carterhatch; 15-02-20, 15:46.

• LuckySpikes
              LuckySpikes commented
              Editing a comment
              Might she be our next sub-54 hurdler capable of Top 5 in global finals?

Jessie Knight showed great strength there. Thought Swiety-Ersetic would get her at the line.

Jodie Williams, Laviai Nielsen, Jessie Knight, Amber Anning...

Early days but we might be developing a really strong 4x4 again.
            Last edited by Christy93; 15-02-20, 15:56.

Comment

• carterhatch
              carterhatch commented
              Editing a comment
              thinking the very same line up this morning...

Morgan Lake not looking good.

Comment

wtf is this nonsense in the long jump

Comment

Isabelle Boffey, 53.65 to win BUCS 400. There's going to be some exciting young British talent in the women's 800 in Tokyo.

Comment

Jessie Knight's run yesterday was beautiful. She was so controlled and strong. Love it that she is a teacher and sent greetings to her year 6 class! She will be on fire this season.

Amber Anning's 200m split was 24.35s. She has always looked incredibly relaxed, but she is motoring. She is still the only UK U15 girl to have run three sub-13 second 100m's in a row, to set the UK 300m age group best of 38.73s. I reckon her 100m and 200m times would be much faster if she hadn't focussed on the 400s and had a season stopping injury a couple of years back.
                It will be interesting to see IF she does any more 200s, but unlikely before the conference and national finals. Just seen that she ran a 51.85s relay split on the anchor of the 4x400m: https://twitter.com/amberanning/stat...24001688023042
                Coach Lloyd Cowan set Anning up very nicely for LSU.

Comment

• Sovietvest
                  Sovietvest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Watch out for Emilia Rock. She ran 39.73 indoors last year as a U15. She has a really long stride - not your typical indoor runner. Interested what she does over 400 in the future.

Originally posted by CAML View Post
                Isabelle Boffey, 53.65 to win BUCS 400. There's going to be some exciting young British talent in the women's 800 in Tokyo.
                A real talent.

Comment

Working...
                X