UK Indoor Season 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    Amber Anning ran 53.11 in her first 400 of the year over in the US.
    That's only 0.11 off the UK U-20 indoor 400m record she set last year and that's from her first race over the distance this winter.... Girl's got a future methinks.
    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 04-02-20, 13:12.

Comment

• Stew-Coach
      Stew-Coach commented
      Editing a comment
      HUGE Future hopefully

Originally posted by Stew-Coach View Post
    Im highly invested into the 400m, and all I can say is wow, the ladies of brought some fire. 4 currently under 54 and a superb run from Amber, going from strength to strength it would seem, backing up her 200 last week.

But that 800 is crazy! such a shame that she hasn't got the opportunity to push on fro the world indoor title, hopefully though transitions to the outdoor season just as fast and faster!
    the more i think about the more annoyed i get, why cancel an event a month and a half in advance when it could have easily been moved somewhere else? as far as i am aware sporting events are going on as normal barring this

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post

the more i think about the more annoyed i get, why cancel an event a month and a half in advance when it could have easily been moved somewhere else? as far as i am aware sporting events are going on as normal barring this
      I mean, I'm sure Glasgow, gearing up for the World Indoor Tour meeting later this month, would be pretty much ready to accept being a World Indoor Champs venue on such short notice, along with a host of other World Indoor Tour venues that could do the same....

Comment

• trickstat
        trickstat commented
        Editing a comment
        With 6 weeks notice the venue may well not be a problem. The biggest problem is having sufficient accommodation available for teams and media. Given longer notice you can block-book hotels but there probably is not enough rooms left now. It is also during University term time so student accommodation wouldn't be an option.

You also may have difficulty getting sufficient senior officials at that short notice.

I can only surmise that this comes down to money....

And I don't mean the cost of hosting the event at short notice as I believe several cities/countries volunteered, but I suspect the amount paid by China to host the event to WA pays a part in delaying it a year. (Regardless of the Athletes)

Comment

• LoveSprints1
        LoveSprints1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's going to have a major impact on the European Indoors next year, though they stress the organiser's were consulted. Who is going to want to do the Europeans and then two weeks later do the World's? A real shame it wasn't just moved. Some of the fields for Glasgow were already looking thin. Will be interesting to see how many more who've accepted pull out.

CJ Ujah ran 6.53 in Dusseldorf.

Comment

Without sounding really stupid - Can UK athletes still compete at European championships ?

Comment

"Without sounding really stupid......"

😂😎😂

Nice one

Comment

Originally posted by sprintdude View Post
            Without sounding really stupid - Can UK athletes still compete at European championships ?
            Still part of Europe just not in the European Union and even if there was an argument, if Australia can compete in the Eurovision Song Contest we would have had a strong case!

Comment

• trickstat
              trickstat commented
              Editing a comment
              British athletes competed in the European Champs before the country joined the EU/EEC. In fact, the European Champs started before the EEC was formed.

I read on her twitter that Naomi Ogbeta jumped a season's best, 13.82, while competing in Chemnitz, Ms. Ogbeta is certainly someone you feel is one competition away from a big jump, high 14m, if fit and healthy for Tokyo...

Comment

Kelechi Aguocha and Sam Brereton both jump WJ qualifiers and PBs today, 2.22 and 2.16 respectively, both coached by Fuzz Caan. Big improvement from Aguocha from 2.15 and Brereton only turned 17 in September

Comment

Just seen Tom Gale has cleared 2.33 just now from Ian Hodge on Twitter. Jessie Knight a huge 400 PB too; 52.2.

Comment

Another British PB today - Harry Coppell in Rouen cleared 5.74 PB then 5.80 PB ... that comp is still going but I'm tuning out to watch the Millrose Games.

Holly Bradshaw won the women's, 4.63 on countback from Robeilys Peinado.

Jemma Reekie is up against Koko & GDS in the Mile at the Millrose Games ...
                  Last edited by LuckySpikes; 08-02-20, 21:07.

Comment

a great womens mile with a new brit record by Reekie. must be worth just under 4 mins for 1500m.

Comment

Originally posted by philipo View Post
                      a great womens mile with a new brit record by Reekie. must be worth just under 4 mins for 1500m.
                      cant say i am familiar with the winner who ran a new USA record sub 2.17.

Comment

• Christy93
                        Christy93 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        4.02 1500 & 14.58 5000 woman last summer. She was in the 5000 final at Worlds.

• LuckySpikes
                        LuckySpikes commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Purrier is improving all the time! Left "college" a couple of years ago. Never won an outdoor NCAA title (but did win one indoors in the Mile).

Originally posted by philipo View Post
                      4.00.56 1500 en route - NR.

Reekie looks every bit the real deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X