No announcement yet.

UK Indoor Season 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey.... I have been waiting for a Nicola Sanders moment for a number of indoor seasons.... Jemma Rickie has broken the UK indoor 800 record with a time of 1:57.91 ... if that is correct and verified ... chapeau young lady!
    Last edited by carterhatch; 01-02-20, 16:13.

Comment

• Laps
      Laps commented
      Editing a comment
      Fastest indoor time in the world since 2006, I think. Well done Jemma Reekie.

• hemlock
      hemlock commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy moly.

Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
    Blimey.... I have been waiting for a Nicola Sanders moment for a number of indoor seasons.... Jemma Rickie has broken the UK indoor 800 record with a time of 1:57.91 ... if that is correct and verified ... chapeau young lady!
    Keely Hogdkinson a new European Junior record today too. 2.01.1 and she looked incredible. She floats across the track. 1.58.4 for Laura Muir, Adelle Tracey 2.00.2... British middle distance ladies on fire... I just love Olympic year!

Comment

Wow! Awesome results from all. What a shame there’s now no World Indoors, as would have been great to see a battle for champs places and get experience running rounds against world class fields. Andy Young’s training group is looking very strong.

Comment

Nike athletes presumably

Comment

• Christy93
          Christy93 commented
          Editing a comment
          It appears so... Laura was wearing some very interesting prototypes.

Wow and wow again!

Surprised by Jemma Reekie but not at all by Keely Hodgkinson. I said on this forum last summer that I wouldn't be surprised if she ran sub-2:02 that summer. She didn't but ever since I first saw her race almost 2 years ago it was clear she's a huge talent. And ... she's still not yet 18!! She turns 18 next month.

Comment

• Christy93
          Christy93 commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely, she seemed to be running negative split 2.03/2.04s often last summer, so the talent was clear. Can't wait to see Izzy Boffey later this year - I think she has huge potential. Looked so comfortable at U20s last year.

Muir is targeting the 1000m WR in two weeks time on the same track, Jemma Reekie might fancy her chances after that fantastic run today. Women’s MD looking in very good health at the moment with Boffey and Hodgkinson putting pressure on the senior athletes

Comment

Coe was a talented athlete with PB's of 1.47.7 and 3 45.2 when he made his breakthrough indoors in 1977 winning the European Indoors in San Sebastian, which set up the rest of his career.
          Will this run provide the same platform for Reekie?

Comment

• Christy93
            Christy93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Perhaps the most encouraging thing about Reekie is that she has the kick required to compete at major championships. I've seen a few questions RE footwear on social media, but it appeared to me that Muir and Debues-Stafford were also wearing curios looking Nike spikes, so Reekie beat them convincingly on a level playing field imo and that indicates a legitimate huge step forward. Didn't see Tracey close enough to know what her spikes were.

Commentary here on Jemma and Laura's shoes: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...hoe-technology

Comment

19.20 for Lincoln. 17.56 and 17.51 for McKinna and Strickler respectively.

Comment

2.30m by Tom Gale today, after his 2.28 opener last weekend. Ever since his 2.30m as an U20 3 years ago it was clear he's something special, and jumping PB heights this early August really well for a big year

Comment

• CAML
                CAML commented
                Editing a comment
                Stranger things have happened than Gale getting a medal in Tokyo. Might be worth a few quid. Good to see Ogbechie jumping again

British indoor junior record for Lewis Byng 19.17m with the 6kg shot, although Myerscough threw 19.50m with the 6.25kg shot. Apparently he had a couple of 20m fouls, so he's continuing his rapid progress. It was only two years ago he was throwing 15 and a half metres with the 5kg shot.

Comment

Great from Tom Gale, I've been waiting for this since 2017.

Andy Pozzi beat Martinot-Lagarde in Paris.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                  Occasional Hope commented
                  Editing a comment
                  An excellent clearance from Tom too, and at the third attempt.

Amber Anning ran 53.11 in her first 400 of the year over in the US.

Comment

Im highly invested into the 400m, and all I can say is wow, the ladies of brought some fire. 4 currently under 54 and a superb run from Amber, going from strength to strength it would seem, backing up her 200 last week.

But that 800 is crazy! such a shame that she hasn't got the opportunity to push on fro the world indoor title, hopefully though transitions to the outdoor season just as fast and faster!

Comment

Great run by Andy Pozzi showing some of the old form that took him to the World Indoor title a couple of years ago, winning the 60m hurdles race at the Meeting de Paris on Sunday in an impressive time of 7.52 seconds, comfortably beating Pascal Martinot-Lagarde (7.62).
                    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 03-02-20, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
                    X