No announcement yet.

UK Indoor Season 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just read on AW twitter ... Lorraine Ugen long jumped 6.74m in the United States yesterday - a world lead and further than her 2019 best ... Very pleasing (I wonder if she took my advice and enjoyed some relay training...)

Comment

Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
      just read on AW twitter ... Lorraine Ugen long jumped 6.74m in the United States yesterday - a world lead and further than her 2019 best ... Very pleasing (I wonder if she took my advice and enjoyed some relay training...)
      Excellent start to 2020 for Ugen. Perhaps seeing Izozuru effectively usurp her as the British #1 long jumper and her own below-par form in 2019 has focused Ugen's mind on this huge Olympic year.

(And L O L if she did get some relays in again like she did in 2018!)

Comment

6.61 from CJ Ujah in his opener, he ran extremely well indoors in 2018 before that DQ at world indoors, his opener back then was 6.60

Comment

trawling the results on Po10 from America and pleased to see Maya Bruney winning a 400 race in 54.26 ...

Comment

Some positive runs over the weekend in the 60m

Oliver Bromby with a PB at 6.68, nice to see progressing well. But im most impressed with Toby Makoyawo u20 6.73 huge PB
            and of course Dwain as M40 running 6.76 is superb

And of course Amy Hunt getting super close to her best already.

Comment

• Stew-Coach
              Stew-Coach commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw the race, was close and I hope/expect both to be getting faster before champs. I dont believe we will have anyone make the qualifying time indoor though (hope to be proved wrong)
              I do, unfortunately, Yas picked up an injury during a relay training camp session end of December which has made us change plans. Taking things slowly to make sure she can be 100%

• carterhatch
              carterhatch commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the reply. Stew-Coach. Very sorry to hear about the injury, I wish her a speedy and full recovery.

• Stew-Coach
              Stew-Coach commented
              Editing a comment
              No Problem. She is back now and so who knows. Its good that she is hungry to succeed but has a good head on her shoulders too

Also good to see Hannah Williams run 54.19. Good start after a couple of so-so years

Comment

Just an observation ... Three young female sprinters have entered the all time top 20 U17 since the indoor season has started, Nia Wedderburn-Goodison 7.49, Joy Eze 7.54 and Emmanuella Quaye 7.55, just for some context, our DASHER stands at joint 20th on that list with a 7.56 ...

ps ... thank you AW forum for approving this post, I wonder if this will see the demise of spam
              Last edited by carterhatch; 25-01-20, 10:18.

Comment

Three British winners in the Nantes meeting yesterday:

Beth Partridge 1.91 PB
                Naomi Ogbeta 13.68
                Adam Hague 5.53

You can see their series at https://bases.athle.fr/asp.net/liste...etition=239153
                (Beth & Naomi halfway down; Adam near the bottom)

Comment

Some Indoor results from the States from this weekend:

Lucy Bryan 4.45m Pole vault.

Amaya Scott-Rule 6.17m Long Jump PB - first time over six metres- and an 8.81s hurdles also a PB and she is still U20 this year.

Amber Anning 23.71s 200m PB

Comment

• Stew-Coach
                    Stew-Coach commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Excellent run from Amber! do we know if this was a banked 200m track? I cant find any videos. There was so many NCAA meets over the weekend with some crazy good times

• LoveSprints1
                    LoveSprints1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stew-Coach, there's footage on social media of some races and it was banked. This weekend's racing will be at a different level again. I'm keeping an eye on Arkansas Razorback Invitational with four of the top six ranked Women's teams competing and three of the top 7 Men's.

... make that four young female sprinters in the all time U17 60m top 20 ranks Hannah Moody 7,48

ps... I fell foul of AW's efforts to clean up the forum from Spam use by cutting and pasting the names of the young ladies in my earlier post #22, as they were URLs, at least they are trying to do something ...

Comment

• LuckySpikes
                    LuckySpikes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, they're blocking Power of 10 links as well then? ... Not very helpful!!

All the while they're still not blocking links in thread titles. There's no need for a link in a thread title!

• AW admin
                    AW admin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi, we're not blocking Power of 10 links specifically, any posts featuring multiple links will require approval in a further attempt to control the levels of spam. We are sorry for the frustration this is causing but are waiting for vBulletin to advise us with regards approval being needed for threads with links in the title. Thank you.

Good to see Tom Gale jumping 2.28, his best since 2017 and that astonishing 2.30.

Nikki Manson jumps 1.92, potentially a nice little rivalry developing with Partridge. I wonder how Morgan Lake's time off is working out.

Jake Wightman broke the British record for 1000m indoors too.

Comment

Morgan Lake has gone back to her dad (I believe after a falling out with her previous coach) so will be interesting to see how that plays out. Hopefully the rivalry pushes all three (plus KJT) closer to 2m.

Comment

Encouraging 19.85 from Scot Lincoln. Last year’s indoor best was only 19.09.

Comment

I wonder now how may athletes will cut their indoor season short now that there is no worlds to aim for (for those that had that plan) and not bother with the UK champs in Glasgow??

Those with an eye at world indoors obviously a good level, and so maybe now switch earlier to programme for possible Olympic qualification

Comment

Originally posted by Ursus View Post
                          Encouraging 19.85 from Scot Lincoln. Last year’s indoor best was only 19.09.
                          This Sunday Scott Lincoln, Sophie McKinna & Amelia Strickler are all due to compete in Rochlitz, Germany (entry lists here)

Live streaming details for that coming up soon in the Live Streaming Links thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X