Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Monday evening's Giro Podistico di Castelbuono is live on Rai Sport (VPN needed) - details updated in the latest document. It's very possible that a recording of the broadcast will appear on YouTube shortly afterwards. If so, I'll add the link to the document.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    The afternoon session of Sunday's Sunset Tour (American Track League) is no longer happening and has been removed from the post above.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Live streams/broadcasts for Saturday 24th July to Monday 26th July:

Saturday to Sunday
    • Polish U23 Championships (Suwałki, POL) - Obviously Poland has a lot of good young athletes who haven't made the Olympics; Having said that, I noticed Pia Skrzy is entered in the 100 so maybe she and others are competing before heading to Tokyo?
    Saturday
    • Loughborough BMC Grand Prix (Loughborough, GBR) - In the 800 there's Langford & Randolph, and in the 1500, Ellie Baker & Georgie Hartigan; In the 5000 Nesbitt, Pavey & Abbie Donnelly (15:42 PB recently) are entered
    Sunday
    • The Centro Mile (Portland, OR, USA) - Matt Centrowitz is attempting to break the US Mile Record, Alan Webb's 3:46.91
    Monday
    • Giro Podistico Internazionale di Castelbuono (Castelbuono, ITA) - WA Label road race; 11.34km (10 laps of 1.134km); Decent Men's field for Europe's oldest road race that includes Erik Kiptanui, Mark Lomuket, Iliass Aouani, Stefano La Rosa, Neka Crippa, Jorge Blanco, Oliver Irabaruta & David Nilsson
    All the links & details at https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxn0qhoq2j...07-26.odt?dl=0

Next major post on the evening of Thursday 29th July for the Olympic athletics (when I will be posting links - VPN needed - for the world feeds, should they not be on the iPlayer). Also, if you can't be bovvered with the Olympics there's the German U20/18 Championships and the Baltic U20/U18 Team Championships.
    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 25-07-21, 20:53.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Live stream for Thursday 22nd July:

Thursday
    • Meeting Arcobaleno AtleticaEuropa (Celle Ligure, ITA) - European Area Permit Meeting; Not a bad meeting with at least a couple of fairly good athletes in most events; The headline event looks like the M 800 with Euro U23 champ Simone Barontini, Jonah Koech and a few other 1:46 guys; Athletes from 21 countries are involved
    All the links & details at https://www.dropbox.com/s/exkn0jgg15...07-22.odt?dl=0

Next major post on Friday evening for the weekend's Loughborough BMC Grand Prix, Polish U23 Championships & American Track League (Sunset Tour), and hopefully Monday's famous Giro Podistico di Castelbuono road race.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    No streaming events tomorrow but I'll post tomorrow for Thursday's European Area Permit Meeting in Celle Ligure, Italy.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Live streams/broadcasts for Saturday 17th July to Sunday 18th July:

I'm a bit busy today so sorry, there's no "teaser" notes this time.

Saturday to Sunday
    • Ongoing European U20 Championships (Tallinn, EST) - See previous document
    • England Athletics Senior Championships incl Disability Championships (Bedford, GBR)
    Saturday
    • Hokuren Distance Challenge Round 5 (Chitose, JPN) - M + W 800, 1500, 5000 & 2000SC + W 3000 & 10,000
    • Horst Mandl Memorial (Graz, AUT)
    • Savo Games (Lapinlahti, FIN) - European Area Permit Meeting
    Sunday
    • Sunset Tour #2 (Mission Viejo, CA, USA) - American Track League #6; The televised part of the meeting is mostly sprints-focused; Unfortunately, the evening session 800s, 1500s & Miles are live on FloTrack (subscription only)
    All the links & details at https://www.dropbox.com/s/p16hpg2z7k...07-18.odt?dl=0

Next major post possibly on Tuesday 20th.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Grassmarket View Post

Coverage starts on BBC Red Button oat 17:30. Don’t know if the BBC will be able to shoe any action in the Gabfest, though.
    Surprise of surprises.... they *are* showing the early events rather than it being a Gab-fest. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the heads-up.

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yeah! I didn't think to check the Red Button since it's on BBC2.

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieSLA View Post
    Hi Lucky, do you know if there'll be any full streams for Gateshead? There's some good national races like a round of the men's 100 earlier on than the BBC coverage. Cheers!
    Coverage starts on BBC Red Button oat 17:30. Don’t know if the BBC will be able to shoe any action in the Gabfest, though.

Leave a comment:

• JamieSLA
    commented on 's reply
    Christ,

"lets look back at one of the great gateshead meetings from the 1990's, where I *think* we recognise a certain Colin Jackson lining up there (laughs)"

"Oooooh i'm a bit skinnier there Gabby"

"Oh and I believe a certain Denise Lewis was competing that day too!"

LAUNCHES OBJECT AT TELE

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieSLA View Post
    Hi Lucky, do you know if there'll be any full streams for Gateshead? There's some good national races like a round of the men's 100 earlier on than the BBC coverage. Cheers!
    No, I've looked at some other countries broadcasts and they're all starting at 7pm. The DL's YouTube stream also starts at 7pm.

Maybe they'll show those races on the BBC before the Emsley Carr Mile at 6.41pm or before the world feed at 7? However, that it's starting at 6.30 makes me think it might be a Gab-fest for most of the first half hour.

Leave a comment:

• JamieSLA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Live streams/broadcasts for Tuesday 13th July to Thursday 15th July:

Tuesday
    • British Grand Prix - Gateshead Diamond League 2 (Gateshead, GBR)
    • Anderstorp Running Grand Prix incl Swedish 10km Championships (Anderstorp Racetrack, SWE) - In the Men's race, last year's 1-2-3 return - Tsegay, Russom & David Nilsson; The women's field is headed by Hannah Lindholm, Samrawit Mengsteab, Linn Nilsson & Sara Christiansson
    Wednesday
    • Hokuren Distance Challenge Round 4 (Kitami, JPN) - M 800, 5000 & 10,000 + W 1500, 3000 & 5000; The Women's 5000 'A' race is perhaps the standout field with Nozomi Tanaka and a few good Kenyans heading it
    • Joensuu Games (Joensuu, FIN) - European Area Permit Meeting; Not great fields but there's star power with Lasitskene in the HJ and a decent W TJ with Minenko, Salminen & Ogbeta; Finnish TV's coverage of the field events is always very good (not just the javelin!)
    Thursday to Sunday
    • European U20 Championships (Tallinn, EST)
    All the links & details at https://www.dropbox.com/s/lv7080qv25...07-15.odt?dl=0

Next major post on Friday 16th.
    I wished the Gateshead Diamond League, part Deux, was happening on Thurdsay or Friday.... Weather would be great for that part of the world at this time of year. 22 - 23 Celsius. Tomorrow is not going to be nearly as bad as it was on that dreadfully wet, windy and cold day in May, but 17 - 18 Celsius, with a likely headwind on the home straight, isn't too great either. Eh, maybe I'm over-thinking things and it will be a great meet regardless.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Live streams/broadcasts for Tuesday 13th July to Thursday 15th July:

Tuesday
    • British Grand Prix - Gateshead Diamond League 2 (Gateshead, GBR)
    • Anderstorp Running Grand Prix incl Swedish 10km Championships (Anderstorp Racetrack, SWE) - In the Men's race, last year's 1-2-3 return - Tsegay, Russom & David Nilsson; The women's field is headed by Hannah Lindholm, Samrawit Mengsteab, Linn Nilsson & Sara Christiansson
    Wednesday
    • Hokuren Distance Challenge Round 4 (Kitami, JPN) - M 800, 5000 & 10,000 + W 1500, 3000 & 5000; The Women's 5000 'A' race is perhaps the standout field with Nozomi Tanaka and a few good Kenyans heading it
    • Joensuu Games (Joensuu, FIN) - European Area Permit Meeting; Not great fields but there's star power with Lasitskene in the HJ and a decent W TJ with Minenko, Salminen & Ogbeta; Finnish TV's coverage of the field events is always very good (not just the javelin!)
    Thursday to Sunday
    • European U20 Championships (Tallinn, EST)
    All the links & details at https://www.dropbox.com/s/lv7080qv25...07-15.odt?dl=0

Next major post on Friday 16th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X