Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 IAAFF World Championships (Doha, QAT) Day 10

Final day!

do the three young scots approach the 1500 like a team ?

Comment

• Laps
      Laps commented
      Editing a comment
      I imagine that there is great rivalry between them and nil chance of co-operation.

I'm sure Danielle Williams wasn't expecting Nia Ali to be close close! Great final in store if the first semi is anything to go by

Comment

What the heck is Cram on? At no point was Ofili anywhere near 3rd place. Has he been having stupid lessons from Colin?

Comment

Watch Live :- https://www.athleticstv.net/iaafdoha2019/

Watch Live :- https://www.athleticstv.net/iaafdoha2019/

Comment

great runs by wightman and kerr there, very promising

Comment

I think Kerr broke his Scottish record but lost it to Wightman! Fabulous run by Cheruiyot

Comment

When was the last time a 3.32 was the 3rd (THIRD) fastest British man over 1500m in a season? encouraging that Wightman & Kerr can do it in Championship races too.

Comment

• Biggut
                Biggut commented
                Editing a comment
                Never. The answer is never. Despite rose tinted specs about the past we’ve never had 3 1500m runners run this fast in a single season. The previous best was 3:33:34 with Cram, Elliot and Crabb in 1987.

In fact we didn’t have 3 men run this fast in the entirety of the 1990s and only 3 men managed faster than 3:32.52 in the entirety of the 80s.

I think that's the fastest run by a Brit at a champs - previous fastest Coe in LA?

Comment

Brilliant 1500m run by Cheruiyot defying the commentators certainty that he would slow down on the third lap. Love it!

Comment

No medals but 2 big PBs and 3 men in the final, I can't complain, it bodes well for the future!

Comment

I suspect Grice might have done OK in that race but I'm not that sure he would have made it through the semi to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by trickstat View Post
                      I suspect Grice might have done OK in that race but I'm not that sure he would have made it through the semi to be there.
                      The ultimate irony... The very race that would have suited Grice to a T was the final... but with his lack of tactical nous, its unlikely that he would have made it out of the hard run, more tactical heats and semis.

Comment

Excellent runs by Wightman and Kerr. Shame to see Makhloufi back.

Comment

Wow, 7.30from Mihambo.

Comment

Working...
                          X