Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjimbojames
    replied
    The main key for KJT is speed - that will get the hurdles, 200m, HJ and LJ sorted, and those events score highly for seemingly small gains. She hasn’t lost technique but the basis to use it. I know she’s tall, but how she’s never been sub-13 when you look at some that have…

Throws - simple, consistent techniques that she can replicate time and again that get her 14.50/48m are possible and will offset any minor drawbacks. Nearly 45m off of nothing last night!

Leave a comment:

• CAML
    commented on 's reply
    The KJT killer smile after the JT pb, the tears in the interviews after. That's why the girl is marketing gold, and keeps the whole show on the road for more drama, exhilaration, catastrophe, redemption, and if we believe in Hollywood endings, glory in Paris.

• carterhatch
    replied
    Walsh7 commented

As I have said on many occasions, KJT is a confidence athlete. She relies on good results in practice and in competitions, to give her the confidence to build more successes. Her 2019 season is the perfect example. She led that season from start to finish. There is no doubt that KJT is near the end when it comes to winning medals at
    major competitions. She's had zero successes in 2022. Winning the CG with a score of 6,377 could give her the confidence that she needs during the final few years of her career. KJT needs victories like this one in order to keep that tiny flicker of hope alive.

I have taken a quote by Walsh7 as it is a nice summary of my own thinking ... I am a life time paid up member of the KJT roller coaster - to see her smile at the PB in the Javelin was a collector's item - but I do accept we will never see that mythical 7m/2m/sub 22 , but there was a brief window where it might have been possible hahahaha Yes, we enter the autumn of a career and there will be time enough to look back... but for one last hurrah and a medal at Paris, will 6700 do it?

it would take - 100h 13.2, HJ 1.85, SP 13.50, 200, 23.10, LJ 6.50, JV 42, 800, 2.10 ... for exactly 6700... it is do-able.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I think the LJ is the only event where Kat has a significantly better PB than Jess.

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    thanks for the reality check, Marra. I had factored in Joyner-Kerse, Kluft, Thaim, but rather over looked Jess, which I have now calculated as 7183 ...

• marra
    commented on 's reply
    Nah, there's a bunch more than her. Joyner-Kerse, Kluft, Thaim, Barber, Braun, Jess Ennis-Hill at least are all ahead of her, possibly more but I stopped there.

• carterhatch
    replied
    I just had to work it out.... but with KJT's surprise PB in the Javelin tonight [Birmingham CG 2022]

Her PBs ... [refer Po10, using Cheshireaa calculator]

100h 13.09, HJ 1.98, SP 13.86, 200 22.79, LJ 6.93i, JV 44.33, 800 2.07.26

would give a Hep total of 7112

ps.... KJT should be very proud of this 'PB' aggregate ... how many women in athletics history could total higher? 3/4? I am guessing.
    Last edited by carterhatch; 03-08-22, 21:25.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Add Kat having a nap while the other girls do the early HJs.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    I have no idea what she is going to do in the next 5 events. The hurdles was meh, but the 1.84m clearance showed something...

• carterhatch
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

Yeah, iPlayer is the world feed - uninterrupted thankfully and no chance of the camera lingering on KJT for 2 minutes watching her looking pensive, then eating a banana, then standing up, no, no, she's sitting down again ...
    a quote that helps me bump up the roller coaster thread ...

Win or lose, it will be a minor twist on the KJT roller coaster ... but still important for posterity to note it on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• alfie
    commented on 's reply
    Well she is coming back from a couple of pretty nasty injuries ! May well be that she can't get back to her absolute best ; but I think we could hold off writing her athletic obituary until she has (hopefully) an injury free season. I will be interested to see what she can do in Birmingham - with a view to her possible future.

• MR_ME
    replied
    Its also important to remember that this is an unusual season. Lets assess her potential for the future following the Commonwealths and Euros.

Leave a comment:

• marilyn1
    replied
    She was a world champion and very talented at levels not easy to attain. Her future days are almost certainly in a lesser role as a member of the top 15/20 multi competitors. A new generation is beginning to arise
    If KJT retired after Paris24 nobody would be surprised.

Leave a comment:

• trevorp
    commented on 's reply
    Agree, we've almost certainly seen the best of her. Some of her PBs in the potentially very high scoring events (HJ, 200, LJ) getting on a bit now.

• Ursus
    replied
    The last sighting of the real Kat was 2019. Pandemic obvs didn’t help, but she’s now only a few months off 30 and has since had injuries and changes of coach.

None of which is to say that she can’t medal at champs in future, but I think expectations should be modified. Certainly I think talk of 7,000 / 2m / 7m is in the rear view mirror now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X