No announcement yet.

Holy moly KJT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if she thinks now that she might have been better off staying in France, even though Bertrand Valcin could only coach her on a part time basis.

Comment

Before Kyprianou, KJT had only 2 coaches in 15 years. I expect Kat to be more discreet about their split than PK.

Comment

KJT to be coached by Aston Moore.

https://athleticsweekly.com/athletic...re-1039957931/

Comment

It seems like a sensible step to get things right well before the next olympics and if she was miserable in the US its better to make the change now. But it doesn't bode well for the world champs.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
            Occasional Hope commented
            Editing a comment
            TBH I don’t think most of us expected much from her in Eugene anyway.

Originally posted by MR_ME View Post
          It seems like a sensible step to get things right well before the next olympics and if she was miserable in the US its better to make the change now. But it doesn't bode well for the world champs.
          Agreed, although being the pessimist I am I’d already written her off for Eugene.

Hope I’m very wrong but I’m getting the vibes that Doha may turn out to be Kat’s finest hour (and a very good hour it was too). I had similar feelings with Hitchon and Rio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursus View Post

Agreed, although being the pessimist I am I’d already written her off for Eugene.

Hope I’m very wrong but I’m getting the vibes that Doha may turn out to be Kat’s finest hour (and a very good hour it was too). I had similar feelings with Hitchon and Rio.
            Jesus, quite right. Doha was her finest hour. Wont see that again.

Comment

I think we'll see her do a few more world class heptathlons but I agree that Doha was something special. I just hope it comes together for her in Olympic year.

Comment

I think the Doha points score will remain her PB, I don't see her knocking on 7000 again. I think it's whether she can get back towards 6800 which should certainly be good enough for medals in Budapest & Paris and possibly gold, depending on what others do of course.

Comment

I actually think she *could* get close to 7000 again, if she can get back to even something close to the Doha form. Not because she necessarily would be a stronger athlete but because we've not seen her with the improved technology really, have we? That's bound to help push time/distances along in some of the events.

The bigger issue for me is that I worry she will just not be able to get back the fitness/health to do it. No criticism there, it's a crazy hard event on your body. I do wonder whether she might be better to focus on either the HJ or LJ and see what she can do to extend her career that way.

Comment

Originally posted by marilyn1 View Post

Jesus, quite right. Doha was her finest hour. Wont see that again.
                    I wrote Ursus and it came out as Jesus. Should have looked.!!

Comment

• Ursus
                      Ursus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Easy mistake to make. 😀😀

Originally posted by marra View Post
                    I actually think she *could* get close to 7000 again, if she can get back to even something close to the Doha form. Not because she necessarily would be a stronger athlete but because we've not seen her with the improved technology really, have we? That's bound to help push time/distances along in some of the events.

The bigger issue for me is that I worry she will just not be able to get back the fitness/health to do it. No criticism there, it's a crazy hard event on your body. I do wonder whether she might be better to focus on either the HJ or LJ and see what she can do to extend her career that way.
                    If she could get back to Doha form obviously she would be 6900 points and thereabouts. "If " is a big fave word on this Forum. It's usually bad sign when athletes flounder from coach to coach later in a career.

Comment

Originally posted by marilyn1 View Post

If she could get back to Doha form obviously she would be 6900 points and thereabouts. "If " is a big fave word on this Forum. It's usually bad sign when athletes flounder from coach to coach later in a career.
                      Or it is a realisation that there's no such thing as a certainty in life, and certainly not in sports.

Anything that any of us do on a forum that isn't literally reporting actual news should be proceeded by an if. We're all just speculating.

I mean, you can use it in regards literally any athlete. *If* Athing Mu stays fit and near her best to date, she'll have a great career. *If* she gets back to her 2019 form, DAS could medal in Eugene. *If* Zharnel Hughes ever learns how to start, he might win a global medal. *If* Russian athletes are ever properly drug tested they might win fewer medals. And so on.

In regards KJT, the point was that she doesn't need to be quite to Doha form to potentially better her mark. If the new technology helps athletes as we think it might, it could eek out 10-20 pts per event. So what would previously have got her 6800-6850 might now be worth 6950-7000, without her necessarily being quite as good as she previously had been. That was the point I was trying to make.

If she gets back in, say, Paris to 6800, for me that could potentially be equivalent to a 6650 using old tech. At least, if I'm reading how it is helping athletes and what we're seeing in terms of times in the last 12 months.

Comment

Working...
                      X