No announcement yet.

2019 IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Doha, QAT) Day 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36.84 is in danger next year. If Asafa hadn't pulled his groin in that final, record would've been 36.6 and nowhere near reach.

Comment

That was really a great relay final. No drops or dqs , area records for the first four teams...

And delighted Gemili gets himself a medal after his disappointment in the individual 200...

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
        3.51. No wonder Laura only fifth.
        can anyone recall any athlete in recent history winning a 1500m and 10000m in a championship; i dont think so with 3.59 last 1500m in the longer race and 3.51 a week later. sorry but although she is a great talent and has been such for 3/4 years this is making me just a tad suspicious.

Comment

• alfie
          alfie commented
          Editing a comment
          Does raise a few eyebrows , no ? Still in the absence of any other evidence we have to take it as a remarkable achievement...

NMB shouldn't look so down.... That 37.10 from the USA was the 3rd fastest time in history, so to be part of a British squad that set the =5th fastest time ever, a time that would have won gold in 2013 and 2015 btw, is nothing to be sniffed at.

Comment

Originally posted by alfie View Post
          That was really a great relay final. No drops or dqs , area records for the first four teams...

And delighted Gemili gets himself a medal after his disappointment in the individual 200...
          Well done AG; our boys could never have approached this team from the USA with that talent on show, assuming that the Yanks didn't screw up which they did not on this occasion.

Comment

A team of Ujah, Prescod, Francis and OJ could run a similar time.

Comment

Originally posted by alfie View Post
              What a shot competition ! Kovacs 22.91 Crouser 22.90 ! In the last round...

Walsh ? ? ... Ends up third on count back ... Feel for him .
              Thats a quality that the Americans possess, a mental strength that has held them in good stead over the last decades in major champs Kovacs was not even fancied for a medal

Comment

• Laps
                Laps commented
                Editing a comment
                With Kovacs record in major championships I don’t know how you wouldn’t fancy him for a medal.

Originally posted by CAML View Post
              A team of Ujah, Prescod, Francis and OJ could run a similar time.
              Gemili (if he stays fit like he has been post hamstring tear) has to be on the squad.

If Ujah can return to some of his 2015 thru to 2017 form, then I can see him staying.

Francis I'm not too sure about since he's part of the relay squad and would have to be intergrated into it.

When Prescod gets back, get that dude intergrated into the relay squad stat!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes
                The winner a candidate for most obvious athletics cheat of the 21st century?
                Definitely the most obvious since Pharmelita Jeter rubbed our noses in it.

Comment

I thought that this forum had already proclaimed Ayana as the most obvious drug cheat, I am personally a proponent of innocent until proven guilty.

If people are able to go undiscovered of doping for years then that is an issue for the authorities to resolve and enhance technology, by the time that medals are redistributed, the majority of their rightful owners have already retired.

It just seems that athletics is not able to shake the drug cheats or catch them within reasonable time. I don't follow swimming but it seems that the sport is significanfly less tainted by numerous doping scandals.

However, hassan remains clear and challenges any allegations against her. Without hard evidence, speculators have a tainted connection only for now. I am curious to see what will be the next move of.of the oregan project runners now following the ban but I do feel hassan is being subject to an undeserved amount of criticism compared to other Salazar trained athletes who do not appear to be subject to the same scrutiny from the media, but as WADA are poised to launch an investigation into all the athletes with connections to Salazar, it will be interesting to see how the story develops.
                  Last edited by Charlwilxo; 05-10-19, 22:33.

Comment

Two great silvers In the 4x1.

Comment

All of you now questioning Hassan - have you actually bothered to read the findings against Salazar? Or are you just basing your suspicions on the reporting of the BBC, Guardian etc? After the longest investigation in the sports history they came up with no evidence of any athlete being doped. (And I'm someone who hates Nike, thought UKA were mad to send Mo to NOP given Salazar's ethics and thinks Salazar deserves a ban for crossing an ethical line).

No team has been under more scrutiny in the last few years than NOP. I've got far more confidence in Brazier, Hassan, Engels etc being clean than anyone else in the sport.

Luckyspikes - you seriously say she is the most obvious drug cheat of the 21st century? Were you watching Naser?! You know Dibaba's coach was arrested by Interpol at a hotel full of EPO?!?

Greatest 1500 in history. The times reflect 1) some all-time greats are around at the same time; 2) it is very rare for athletes at their peak to run a perfectly paced race - normally PBs come earlier in the season before their championship peak and 3) those new spikes.

I really feel for Laura. I think her performance was intrinsically even better than Dina's - that is to take nothing against Dina. It was like Dina coming up against 4 women running 21.4, 21.5, 21.6, 21.7.

Comment

• Christy93
                        Christy93 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My issue isnt based around the report in to Salazar per-se. I'll respond properly tomorrow, as I was just off to bed, but I'll put something from your own comment to you:

Genzebe Dibaba ran paced 3.50 on a perfect night in Monaco; We all know about that track and middle distance performances. The next non Chinese athlete you find is Hassan, on 3.51, after that you drop to Paula Ivan on 3.53, then Kipyegon on 3.54. Now, as you say yourself, Aden was arrested in possession of EPO, and soon after Dibaba's class dropped away. The Chinese need no introduction and neither to the Romanians of the 80s. So, are we supposed to believe that Hassan is running clean and is just 3s faster than any other 'clean' woman in history, despite the fact she dramatically improved after chosing to move to Oregon to be trained by a coach who was already under investigation, and had numerous serious allegations made against him?

I hope you're right, I hope she is a once in a generation freak of nature, but too much is telling me something is just not right. I don't want to be part of a mob upsetting the girl without definitive proof though, so I'll not be saying a word on her in future.
                        Last edited by Christy93; 05-10-19, 23:48.

Really hope Callum will be OK here. Have a slight feeling of dread.

Comment

C’mon callum!!!!!

Comment

Awesome run. Could have been put off by the CWG but he’s adapted and made it work. Will give him great confidence for next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X