2019 IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Doha, QAT) Day 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Doha, QAT) Day 9

Significant day for plenty GB athletes in the w1500m final, two sprint relay finals, and the start of the 4x400m relays and wLj. Not expecting Laura Weightman or Eilish to have the pace to be medal contenders in the w5000m, but either might get into the top 6 on a good day, particularly now that Hassan and Gidey are not taking part.

https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/ia...imetable/byday
    Last edited by Laps; 05-10-19, 12:55.

McColgan top Brit in the 5k just missing the top 5.
    Muir top 5, but no medal.
    Silver for both 4x1s if they go clean.

Comment

Imo Muirs best chance in anybglobal final is if someone takes it out at sub 4 pace. I hope you are right 're Tsegay

Comment

Does anybody have Gidey's final 1500 from the 10000? Based on Hassan's being 3.59ish, I was thinking Gidey's must have been pretty fast too, sub 4.05? I can only find one 1500 for her; a 4.11 from 2017.

Comment

McNeal out with a false start!

Comment

Decent start for Irozuru.

Comment

not a great baton change from BBC1 to red button ...

Comment

And I can’t get the red button to work. Bloody football. And some stupid thing about cars, repeated, on bbc2.

Comment

Vetter timing his season beautifully. One attempt, 89.35. Boom!

I genuinely can’t remember a longer qualifier. Can anyone else?

Comment

• oxfan
                    oxfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Vetter himself did 91.20 in London (as the IAAF site reminded me).

Reese & Todd, two of the American's, out of the wLJ.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                    Occasional Hope commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Reese is always a bit hit or miss.

What a shame for Jas Sawyers in the Long Jump but overall qualifying standard far lower than anticipated for the World's with 6.53m going through.

Comment

A bit of a disaster for the German's in the javelin qualifying. Hofmann and Rohler both go out and pretty tamely too.

Comment

GB line ups:

Clark/Williams/Turner/Nielsen

Chalmers/Yousif/Thompson/Rooney

Men will really struggle without MHS. Diamond in for the slowest of the heat runners if we make the final. Nice to see Jess Turner in there.

Comment

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
                        A bit of a disaster for the German's in the javelin qualifying. Hofmann and Rohler both go out and pretty tamely too.
                        Rohler’s had a particularly poor year by his standards. Almost like he’s got a case of the yips.

Comment

Decent run by the British women in the 4x400. I suspect Diamond will come in for Turner in the final although Turner did run well.

Comment

Working...
                          X