2019 IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Doha, QAT) Day 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a 400!!!

I think SMU got a Commonwealth Record BTW.

Comment

The 3rd fastest time ever!

Commonwealth record from SMU!
      Last edited by RunUnlimited; 03-10-19, 22:05.

Comment

• fchd
        fchd commented
        Editing a comment
        Top two times from the 21st Century. Previous best Sanya Richards-Ross 48.70 Athens 2006.

• RunUnlimited
        RunUnlimited commented
        Editing a comment
        It's the fastest run by anyone since Marita Koch's world record run in 1985!

Originally posted by LuckySpikes

I still maintain that this final won't be slow. Tsegay is a noted front-runner and I think she knows her best chance of placing highly is to make it fast. She wasn't in any of the slower finals in 2015, 2016 or 2017.

In a fast race, say 3:57/58-ish which is what it could be, Our Laura has as good a chance as anyone.
      at her best she is as good as anyone including hassan, hopefully she is at her best but we wont really know until the final

Comment

I wonder ifShaunae MU wishes she’d done the 200 now.

Comment

Two fantastic days from Kat. I really didn’t expect her to win but she showed such steel. Completely deserved victory and British record. 7000 in Tokyo?

Comment

Emotional here; Been so long getting her to maximise her ability. The best bit? She just scored 165pts more than Thiam has ever scored in a Championship heptathlon. She can believe now.

Comment

That 2:07.26 puts her 41st on the UK 800 rankings. Not bad for a heptathlete at the end of a heptathlon!
              Last edited by trickstat; 03-10-19, 22:25.

Comment

the KJT roller coaster takes a new and extraordinary step towards athletics immortality ... at quarter past midnight in front of an empty stadium, I can honestly say that was one of the most moving moments I have experienced....

Well done

Comment

I was one of the doubters. She’s turned it around brilliantly and I am very happy to eat huge portions of humble pie. Absolutely fantastic.

Every Kat has her day.

Comment

Brilliant, KJT! 6981 points! Well done!
                    Well deserved and a brilliant 1500m. What a comp to come next year if both Thiam and KJT are both fit

Comment

Originally posted by Ursus View Post
                      I was one of the doubters. She’s turned it around brilliantly and I am very happy to eat huge portions of humble pie. Absolutely fantastic.

Every Kat has her day.
                      Yes and i must reiterate your thoughts. I doubted her completely but she proved me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                        Stunning from Naser.
                        possibly the outstanding performance of the Champs.

Comment

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
                          The 3rd fastest time ever!

Commonwealth record from SMU!
                          Since two notorious runners of the doped up era from E.G. and Czechoslovakia as was are numbers 1 and 2 i reckon Naser is the tops.

Comment

That women's 400 final will change the way we view W 400 races, at least for a few years ... ... "49.17? Pfft. A bit slow, wasn't it?"
                            LOL! Accurate statement!

Comment

I should think Mr Uibo is going to be happier with his silver than Mrs Uibo with hers.

Brilliant breakthrough from Kaul.

Comment

Working...
                              X