Team Ingebritsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Ingebritsen

Has anyone else seen the documentary series on the Ingebritsens? Essential viewing, I'd say. You can find i, with subtitles on YouTube. Not a fan of reality TV but I'm willing to make an exception for athletics!

Henrik was always one of my least favourite athletes - what with the bicep flexing and generally aggressive on track demeanour (basically a Norwegian Chris O'Hare). Turns out he's a great bloke! I've since looked up post-race interviews with him in English and he gives great answers - he actually thinks about the question and answers it rather than trotting out the platitudes we get from our athletes, who appear to have had their personality media-trained out of them by UKA.

The Dad is nuts and has no emotional intelligence - but he clearly puts together great training plans.

My daughters love it - even my youngest who has decided not to take the sport up. It would be great if we could have a similar series over here. I bet The McColgans would have provided some material over the years!! Any other suggestions?

As well as documentaries, we should think up ideas for drama series. How about remaking Breaking Bad with David Jenkins?!

Comment

I've been meaning to watch this.

It seems there's 4 episodes in Season 1 - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuh...Kg2rZR_rg/feed - and 6 so far in Season 2 - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTV...xnOqHQw/videos

All-access behind the scenes at the Nike Oregon Project would be fascinating but I doubt Al Sal would give it the green light!

Comment

Anyone now agree with my assessment of Henrik as The Nicest Man In Athletics. Funny that I compared him previously with O'Hare. The interview between the two of them on Friday morning was priceless and for the first time I actually warmed to O'Hare.

Comment

Yes, I loved that interview - charming and funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovietvest View Post
            Has anyone else seen the documentary series on the Ingebritsens? Essential viewing, I'd say. You can find i, with subtitles on YouTube. Not a fan of reality TV but I'm willing to make an exception for athletics!

Henrik was always one of my least favourite athletes - what with the bicep flexing and generally aggressive on track demeanour (basically a Norwegian Chris O'Hare). Turns out he's a great bloke! I've since looked up post-race interviews with him in English and he gives great answers - he actually thinks about the question and answers it rather than trotting out the platitudes we get from our athletes, who appear to have had their personality hire writer media-trained out of them by UKA.

The Dad is nuts and has no emotional intelligence - but he clearly puts together great training plans.

My daughters love it - even my youngest who has decided not to take the sport up. It would be great if we could have a similar series over here. I bet The McColgans would have provided some material over the years!! Any other suggestions?
            No I have not watched Ingebritsens.
            I cannot find this documentary in an open access on the web. Maybe you can hint me?

Comment

Some episodes are on youtube.

Comment

It's in the same vein so I'll post it here ...

Swiss Athletics are running a Julien Wanders Road to Tokyo series of 9 episodes. It looks pretty good.

Episode 1: Iten (20 minutes) is at https://www.facebook.com/ATHLEROMAND...type=2&theater
                You can turn on subtitles in the settings.

Comment

Working...
                X